Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like a lot of customers are more tolerant to bugs. As an engineer with background in both Auto and Aerospace industries, this kind of errors seem to be hard to be ignored. Maybe I should just put on my average consumer hat, instead?

To me, it is simple -- when your engine is OFF/ON, this is one trip, the END or START of "This Trip". This may only cost a few lines of codes?

Asking average CUSTOMER to be a de-bugger and still get blamed, that is NOT decent.
Totally agree. It is just something I do not care about. If I did want to watch it closely I know how to make sure to reset it.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Totally agree. It is just something I do not care about. If I did want to watch it closely I know how to make sure to reset it.
I reset it when I do a longer trip around here that includes a bunch of side trips. Other than that, I really couldn't care less. I occasionally check trip 2 which has never been reset to see how the car's lifetime miles/kWh is going but that's it.

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
The background is -- I just got the car like 10-days ago, that is why I have been exploring a little more than you guys, the "old birds". LOL. Anyway.. Thanks all and Happy Friday.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The background is -- I just got the car like 10-days ago, that is why I have been exploring a little more than you guys, the "old birds". LOL. Anyway.. Thanks all and Happy Friday.
I did the same at first. I had to double check odometer to make sure it was just the My Trip having the issue. No problem for Trip 1 or Trip 2 totals. Just found after awhile that all I really monitored is the average mi/kWh on car screen which seems accurate and the overall average since the beginning. I will reset driving history shortly as, unfortunately, winter season stats in a few weeks and I want to get rid of the summer range values. Enjoy your car - I know I am!

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I'm not certain how much I trust the trip 2 (lifetime) counter either. I've tracked my KWH's since buying the car new and Ford's software has vastly different numbers that are off by more than the error margin. Their tracking data just sucks. Only way to fairly track is watching your KWH's put into the pack and the miles driven. Don't trust Ford's crap software.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I noticed this for the first time the other day and thought it was just some fluke, or that "trip" works differently than I had assumed. So the trip computer is broken, and the bug hasn't been fixed in 1.5 years of production. Great.

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
I'm not certain how much I trust the trip 2 (lifetime) counter either. I've tracked my KWH's since buying the car new and Ford's software has vastly different numbers that are off by more than the error margin. Their tracking data just sucks. Only way to fairly track is watching your KWH's put into the pack and the miles driven. Don't trust Ford's crap software.
Look like we fellow engineers have tighter tolerance bands for errors. LOL.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
After confirmation with some of you showing similar problems with Trip data, and most importantly odometer SHOULD be correct -- then I do not care much. Hoping it will get less buggy though via OTA updates.
I have had my car since last June (2021), and have all the latest OTAs, including two in the last week. This never gets fixed.

Just do not use it or even look at it, I find the "This Trip" to be useless anyway. If I am going on a real trip I use Trip 1 or Trip 2 and perform manual resets.

I also do not spend any time looking at the data in Ford Pass, no need for that. The only time I actually use Ford Pass is to tell my car to charge to 100% prior to a road trip.

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
I have had my car since last June (2021), and have all the latest OTAs, including two in the last week. This never gets fixed.

Just do not use it or even look at it, I find the "This Trip" to be useless anyway. If I am going on a real trip I use Trip 1 or Trip 2 and perform manual resets.

I also do not spend any time looking at the data in Ford Pass, no need for that. The only time I actually use Ford Pass is to tell my car to charge to 100% prior to a road trip.
Well advised. Thank you.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My trip 2 is always 3.5 KW no matter what and I reset it all the time. I am much happier than if it said 2.5 all the time, then I’d complain

Last edited:

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
I haven't verified that the incorrect trip mileage is impacting the odometer, but I can safely assume the odometer is correct. If there were a glitch with the odometer there would be a MAJOR lawsuit.

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
My trip 2 is always 3.5 KW no matter what and I reset it all the time. I am much happier than if it said 2.5 all the time, then I’d complain
Mine stays at 3.9 mi/kWh constant, no change. Hard-coded?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I would like the option to automatically reset a trip "B" or whatever each time I charge. That way I could easily see how many miles I went, to compare to the GOM range. I had that and one that reset each time I put gas in it, in my Clarity PHEV.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
This has affected me for 20000 miles. The car cannot reliably tell when a trip ends; sometimes the same block of miles is associated with more than one trip, but the GoM change isn’t.

carinquiryad

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi, we just got our 2022 Mach e about 2 weeks ago. I am noticing that sometimes the energy efficiency is way off (once it reported 10.4 mi/kWh and once 192mi/kWh).

I guess the issue is still not fixed.
Sponsored