BenW1976

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD Premium
Country flag
Ok so apparently I am going to have to do the updates myself because the dealer is giving me grief. I purchased a Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for for-Scan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switchto be able to use on Forscan. But looks like I need to use FJDS for my 2021 MME?? I only say FJDS because when I click on FDRS it says a MME isn't covered under that??
screenshot-2023-06-12-6-45-10-pm-png.png

So do y'all agree with this? And either way am I able to use that adapter? If not do you recommend a low priced version, since I am probably only going to use it this once.

And then the next question once I do get whatever up will I be able to do all of these updates if I purchase a 2 day license?
3fmtk3rmxmma49316-12-jun-23-png.png

Just wanting to be safe on it and since the dealership is giving me all sorts of grief and wanting to charge me $540 to do it I just want to do it and get it over with.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You need FDRS and a J2534 passthrough, vgate vlinker won't work.

Is there anybody near DFW area that can help him?

andrewr

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Caravan, Ram 3500
So Question on updates, will the updates that show up in FDRS eventually get installed over the air? I'm picking up my Mach-E at the end of today. and I've asked the dealer to do all the updates and they said they would but I'm doubting they actually will. I purchased a 2 day license for FDRS and put in the VIN number and I see several updates that are available, just wondering if the dealer doesn't do them will I eventually just get them OTA?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok so apparently I am going to have to do the updates myself because the dealer is giving me grief. I purchased a Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for for-Scan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switchto be able to use on Forscan. But looks like I need to use FJDS for my 2021 MME?? I only say FJDS because when I click on FDRS it says a MME isn't covered under that??
Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Updates 3fmtk3rmxmma49316-12-jun-23-

So do y'all agree with this? And either way am I able to use that adapter? If not do you recommend a low priced version, since I am probably only going to use it this once.

And then the next question once I do get whatever up will I be able to do all of these updates if I purchase a 2 day license?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Updates 3fmtk3rmxmma49316-12-jun-23-

Just wanting to be safe on it and since the dealership is giving me all sorts of grief and wanting to charge me $540 to do it I just want to do it and get it over with.
Let me ask a basic question: What is your dealer not doing that you think they should do?