steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E prem
Occupation
trader
Country flag
I just received my 2022 Premium. I drove it to Florida within an hour of receiving it. the dealer briefed me for an hour. How do i get software updates. Do i go to the dealer. they updated everything before I left. Its been a month. Thanks for the response
Sponsored

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Do you have automatic updates turned on? I think some like to turn that off, for some reason, that I do not know.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I just received my 2022 Premium. I drove it to Florida within an hour of receiving it. the dealer briefed me for an hour. How do i get software updates. Do i go to the dealer. they updated everything before I left. Its been a month. Thanks for the response
Your car likely did not receive an update to every module by the dealer, they merely ensured that any recalls were complete, and you had the proper version of BlueCruise maps.

In the car, you can set a schedule for updates (I do daily, 1AM), which applies updates already downloaded when the car is immobile, and you set Automatic Updates to On. You'll probably not get anything for a few months depending on the production date of your car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'd recommend you download the PDF of your manual from owner.ford.com and put it on every device, and then read it. So many don't, and this and other things are spelled out pretty clearly in it.

On a separate note, I have a relative in your town.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There are two ways to update software in your car. Over the air (OTA) and via cable. You don't have to do anything to enable OTA except ensure your vehicle is "connected". There is a section in the Sync screen for connectivity. Make sure that is turned on.

You don't have to enable Automatic Updates. You still receive them like everyone else. If Auto is on, then it executes by itself. If Auto Update is off, then you have to accept it by pressing a button. Easy peasy.

The cable method is via dealer or DIY (if you have the equipment, licenses, software and training).
Sponsored

Last edited: