Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mach E
Occupation
IT professional
Country flag
Ugh, sorry to hear that. I didn't realize they were at the point of build/delivery dates being that far out.

My order date is late December, and I've been thinking I'll get a build date in March or April, but perhaps that was overly optimistic. I do wish I could understand the order date vs. build date logic a little more. I understand there are manufacturing and logistical reasons why it wouldn't be strictly first-ordered-first-built, but even understanding that, it's hard to make sense of the timing when looking at the order tracking thread.

I'm not in any real need for the car sooner, other than impatience, so I'll continue to wait and see what happens. I was checking dealerships, but all the ones near me that are listed as having a Mach E don't actually have them yet; and once they get them, they will be reserved for their loaner program for at least a couple of months.

Good luck with your search for whatever you end up with!
I just got my production date of the week of 5/24 - i ordered in late december also.. so does that mean i wont get it until august? my lease is up the same week..

‘64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘64GTO, ‘73 280Z,’ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
I ordered my red premium Mache Dec 25, 2020 and today got a build week of 4/19/20. Yippee!

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All,

As I noted on another thread, I received a second email on my order from back in Oct. 2020. Their was a new order ID and the date was one day later than my original order date. So I started doing some investigating and thanks to Mark Levine, VP of Communications from Ford, I determined that I only had one order and the correct one was the first email I received about it.

So, while he was checking on that for me, I asked him if he could give me a guesstimate on when my Mach E would be built. Well, the news wasn't want I wanted to hear but it is what it is.

First, I do not have a production date. My order date is 10-4-2020.

Second, Mike's best guess is that it would be built in late April or early May. That means delivery at the earliest would be Mid June or Early July. Again, that is the earliest. More than likely, it would be early July to early August when you take into consideration how long it will sit at the factory and shipping it to the Pacific Northwest. Not to mention that Covid-19 has affected production in Mexico by 50% with Ford, according to the Mexican Government, being affected the most.

Since we are down to one car right now, I just don't think I can wait that long for delivery. So, I am starting to explore other options. While I would love to have a BEV, (I had an BMW i3 before and really enjoyed it) I'm now looking at the Volvo XC40 Recharge and some PHEV's that will give me the tax credit I want and need. I won't even look at a Tesla, JD Powers shows them at 259 problems per 100 vehicles. No thanks, I'll pass on that. I wish I could wait for a Lucid but that's not going to happen, either.

So, the search begins with limited options with what I want. Maybe I'll just get a used truck to do some things around the house until I can get the Mach E. Time will tell.
I’m kind of in the same “boat” but slightly better. I changed my June order for a Bronco to the Mach E on December 16. Today I received an email telling me that my premium 4Xe is scheduled to be built the “week of May 10, 2021. At least it didn’t say 2022!

518811D4-FB9A-4329-B174-FFFE051D2F28.jpeg

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered my red premium Mache Dec 25, 2020 and today got a build week of 4/19/20. Yippee!
I ordered mine 12/16 and just was notified the the build would be the week of May 10! That 3 weeks after yours! Boo!

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I ordered mine 12/16 and just was notified the the build would be the week of May 10! That 3 weeks after yours! Boo!
Ha-ha! To make you feel better, I ordered my Mach E on 10/25 and my build date is the week of 04/19 - just like '64 GTO', only he ordered it 2 months later than me :) He probably has some connections as he beat both of us :)

MachMeNow

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Prius, Mach E premium LR AWD .
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're lucky! I ordered 10/25 with a build 5/2.
I wonder how they prioritize the build dates? I ordered 12/17/20 and just received a scheduled build date for the Week of 5/16/2021. Not complaining, happy that I finally have a build date and it's going to happen. Yea!

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That order was canceled. I got a cancellation FE from the same dealer.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ha-ha! To make you feel better, I ordered my Mach E on 10/25 and my build date is the week of 04/19 - just like '64 GTO', only he ordered it 2 months later than me :) He probably has some connections as he beat both of us :)
No connection! Sent a tweet to Farley told him I was. Old and to please hurry?

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
I ordered a Star White Premium Grey Interior AWD ER on Jan. 20. Since I still don't have a production date and delivery would likely be in July-August, I did a search of all California dealers on Sunday and found only one exact match 175 miles away in Sunnyvale. They expect it on their lot the second week of May. I've reserved that Mach-E. Since it is in production now, all the minor kinks should be worked out. I'm a happy camper!