Something is just not right when getting ford keys to a mustang

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I've ordered the mach-e, but found out the key fob in the UK is ford key fob? not a mustang key fob like they have in the US? is this true?
This is such a big miss for ford around brand experience here vs the US.
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
For a discussion on this search for Keygate in the UK forum. Many, many posts on it.

UK-Buyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD X
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Just found this out myself, feel a little short changed not getting a Mustang key, but at I will get two fobs unlike the US, shame about PAAK too.
Picking mine up on 1st Sept, not bad as I only ordered it the first week of August

OP
OP
g8mb1t

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Just found this out myself, feel a little short changed not getting a Mustang key, but at I will get two fobs unlike the US, shame about PAAK too.
Picking mine up on 1st Sept, not bad as I only ordered it the first week of August
I spoke to ford and they said they will replace the keys once they can provide the same level of security in the mustang keys. I hope this is true....
The Ford-branded key fobs supplied with the Mustang Mach-E in Britain contain a motion sensor, which detects when the key has been stationary for more than 40 seconds and triggers a sleep mode, so that the key does not respond to attempts by thieves using a ‘relay box’ to hack its signal.

The image in the Owner’s Manual is not reflecting the specification of the key fob that is currently being supplied to all Mustang Mach-E customers in the UK. This is because the Mustang-branded key fob does not currently meet the Thatcham requirement for the vehicle’s security and insurance ratings in the UK.

The Owner’s Guide is developed globally and in this instance there is a visual difference in the UK. As it currently stands, we are working on a solution for the Mustang-branded key fob to ensure it meets the security standards that Thatcham mandate. Further correspondence to UK customers will follow on this in due course.
I'm hoping my dealer can locate my car as the dealer can't seem to trace the order.
I've manage to get this on the site https://www.whereismymme.com/ but the dealer has no idea on locating or providing an ETA...

VMACS Status Description: DEALER DELIVERY
VMACS Status Code: 912
VMACS Status Since: 2021-06-21 09:14:00.0
GOB Status Description: VehicleAtFinalDestination
GOB Status Code: VAFD
GOB Status Since: 2021-08-16 05:43:07.0
Vehicle last started on (tappsDateTime): 2021-08-03T16:25:39.112Z
Vehicle Date Time (vehicleDateTime): 2021-05-26T21:38:31Z

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
#notamustang

?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Its must be as you are getting keys to a ford! and there is nothing wrong with that right?
don't worry, as soon as Ford figures out that in the UK it's spelled "Mustaung", you'll be right as rain, govern'r!

UK-Buyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD X
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
I spoke to ford and they said they will replace the keys once they can provide the same level of security in the mustang keys. I hope this is true....

I'm hoping my dealer can locate my car as the dealer can't seem to trace the order.
I've manage to get this on the site https://www.whereismymme.com/ but the dealer has no idea on locating or providing an ETA...

VMACS Status Description: DEALER DELIVERY
VMACS Status Code: 912
VMACS Status Since: 2021-06-21 09:14:00.0
GOB Status Description: VehicleAtFinalDestination
GOB Status Code: VAFD
GOB Status Since: 2021-08-16 05:43:07.0
Vehicle last started on (tappsDateTime): 2021-08-03T16:25:39.112Z
Vehicle Date Time (vehicleDateTime): 2021-05-26T21:38:31Z
Wish I had found the whereismymme site earlier some interesting info.
Very poor that your dealer doesn't know where yours is, although guessing by the last started date I guess that's when it was put on (or taken off) the transporter.
Mine was last started on 13th and will be at the dealer on 27th and also has a status of dealer delivery, so hopefully yours should be at your dealers around now, fingers crossed they both turn up soon.
Sponsored