Spigen Screen Protector ??

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I’m going to contact Spigen tomorrow to ask them to make a new one with cutouts for the locations of the climate controls along the bottom row. It’s an approximation to a physical button that I can “find” without looking.

before you laugh too much, they already have a cutout for the big knob.

Thinking it might be a marketing angle for them!
So the spots you might touch the most, you want them to cut it out so there is no screen protector, thus defeating the purpose of the screen protector...?

You can just buy a new one, before peeling it, gently lay it on top, then take a needle and poke a hole through where the specific controls are that you're after and you'll get a nice little tactile bump. Preferably doing this from the backside of the protector so it pushes some material through to the top.
Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
So the spots you might touch the most, you want them to cut it out so there is no screen protector, thus defeating the purpose of the screen protector...?

You can just buy a new one, before peeling it, gently lay it on top, then take a needle and poke a hole through where the specific controls are that you're after and you'll get a nice little tactile bump. Preferably doing this from the backside of the protector so it pushes some material through to the top.
A fair point!

but I‘m using this more for fingerprint avoidance than actually protecting the screen. It’s not like an iPad I might drop.

fingerprints down that low aren’t going to be seen much anyway.

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
A fair point!

but I‘m using this more for fingerprint avoidance than actually protecting the screen. It’s not like an iPad I might drop.

fingerprints down that low aren’t going to be seen much anyway.
Yeah, I don't like this idea. What if they do a software update and move the buttons? Then what?
Sponsored