eddieparker

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Looks like I got a rock chip that pierced my PPF and likely scratched my clearcoat.

Wrap place says it's obviously not a warranty issue so they could rewrap it but that'll cost me. I'm leaning towards just leaving it (low probability it gets hit again, after all), but I thought I'd see if anyone has any creative solutions for 'spot' PPFing or something I've never heard of.

Bonus question: anyone recommend where to get the matching touch up paint? Wrap place mentioned I should probably get some especially since they don't make this colour anymore.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Spot' Fixing Pierced PPF? yHQM0Y18PJ72PvdFYb-0=w924-h1232-s-no-gm?authuser=0
Sponsored

OP
OP

eddieparker

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Mine's supposed to be self healing, but this 'cut' is about the size of an eraser on a pencil, so I'm dubious it can heal from that, right?

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
My wife does not have PPF on her MME, but I do have Xpel PPF on my 5 year old 2018 Tesla Model 3. After 5 years, I have two places on the entire car that have very small punctures in the PPF. I don't plan on replacing the PPF just to repair these two small punctures.

It's hard to tell exactly how large your puncture is, but it looks pretty small. My guess is that nobody but you will even know it is there. I would probably leave it alone.

That said, the place where I got my Xpel installed said that if I ever need a single panel of PPF replaced, they would give me a special price. One time I did replace the PPF on my front right fender. Materials and labor total was $125. If you really want to get it replaced, it may not be that expensive. Can't hurt to ask for a quote.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I don’t see how they can repair it without further damaging the paint. I would leave it alone. It’s very small and likely unrecognizable. I have a place or two like this, but don’t worry about it.

Last edited:

Rj786

First Name
Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mache Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my cyber orange touch up paint from the dealer and paid with points, it comes with paint and clear coat. I have done some chip repairs and it works well. Make sure you shake it really well before using it.
Sponsored