JamieLV

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37
Country flag
So a squirrel has decided to stash some hard pinecones under my 2022 Mach e. I assume it got in around the suspension components and has been hiding them around the battery pack. Whenever I break, accelerate or corner, it sounds like a dozen golf balls rolling around below. Dealer charged me $150 to get as many out as they could, but they told me it's just too difficult to get to all of the hiding spots without dropping the battery pack, so while there aren't as many, they're still there. They said there are some up on top of the battery pack, but they shouldn't do any damage.

Is there anything I can try? Any good videos on how to remove any panels underneath and drive it for a day to hope they all fall out? Any other ideas?

Thanks!
There are a few old threads with suggestions like this one (I didn't go through them all, but you can search squirrel or rodent or mice).

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/squirrel-ate-my-wiring-harness.10041/

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your responses so far. Lots to learn when it comes to rodent protection! :)

However, I’m still wondering about the best way to remove the remaining pinecones. Someone else suggested a camera scope to grab the pinecones, but I don’t have access to that.

Are there any threads or YouTube videos explaining how to remove the shields and I’ll try to find some more, or take it out for a ride for some hard cornering, acceleration and braking?

Letting it overheat and burn up isn’t an option for me. Lol.

Thanks

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your responses so far. Lots to learn when it comes to rodent protection! :)

However, I’m still wondering about the best way to remove the remaining pinecones. Someone else suggested a camera scope to grab the pinecones, but I don’t have access to that.

Are there any threads or YouTube videos explaining how to remove the shields and I’ll try to find some more, or take it out for a ride for some hard cornering, acceleration and braking?

Letting it overheat and burn up isn’t an option for me. Lol.

Thanks
I've looked on top of the battery pack with a borescope from the front, you're not going to be able to reach very far, and it's difficult to access around all the cables and high voltage components in front of the pack.

You can try a hard stop going nose down on as steep of a hill as you can find, and hope they roll off the front of the pack. Otherwise there's not much you can access without dropping the pack. There aren't any access panels.
Sponsored