Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Occupation
Stanford Researcher
Country flag
Hi everyone - I'm a graduate student at Stanford working on a project and am hoping to find some EV owners who'd be willing to fill out a short survey.

The survey can be found here and it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to fill out.

I'm curious to see your responses, and really appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey!
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Hi everyone - I'm a graduate student at Stanford working on a project and am hoping to find some EV owners who'd be willing to fill out a short survey.

The survey can be found here and it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to fill out.

I'm curious to see your responses, and really appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey!
Done!

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Interesting survey. Submitted it.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Done, curios on the results. Would love to see them when your done if possible.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Done

OP
OP

zacharye1

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Occupation
Stanford Researcher
Country flag
really appreciate everyone's participation, here are some high level numbers for anyone who is curious:

• 76% of people would enroll
  • 11% of people would not enroll
  • 13% of people were unsure if they would enroll
  • Of those who said they would enroll:
    • 45% were most motivated being more eco-friendly and preventing extra power plants from turning on
    • 29% were most motivated by the program having no impact on their daily schedule
    • 26% were most motivated by paid incentives
  • The average ratings of each incentive on a scale of 1-5 were:
    • 1000 miles of free charging per year: 3.5
    • $150 discount off a level 2 home charger: 2.4
    • Pay per demand response event participation: 3
    • $50 flat reward each year: 3.1

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I am in a program currently. Here's what's wrong with it:

1) No one at the utility responds to contacts without a lot of effort on my part.

2) Utility, working with Ford, overrides the charging settings on my vehicle. They have "you must charge" and "you can't charge periods". Problems with this include:

- They try to force charging when rates are at peak, and I have zero interest in charging then. And no, they don't give me the off-peak rates to charge at peak times.

- They override the 90% max charge setting during "you must charge" periods. Yesterday morning they did this, and I had to override them. Even though it was low rates, I didn't want to charge to 100%.

3) I question whether they mess up the charging settings, which are tied to my rate plan at the utility company. On weekends, sometimes it won't charge on Sundays until midnight, when it should charge all day.

Since my charger can't be overridden by them, and it prevents charging during peak hours, I have no idea if that's going to result in me losing my $50 incentive (I got $50 to start, and supposed to get $50 at year end) or not, but I'm not charging during peak hours, and I'm not going over my ceiling if I don't wish to.
Sponsored