Still Waiting on a 2021 MME and Now This

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
My VIN is under the recall. I've waited for this 2021 MME since July of last year.

Should I bail and look for another EV or is it still worth it financially to wait on this vehicle that may possibly be two model years behind when I receive it?
Sponsored

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
Ford has announced the software update that fixes the recall. The update is expected mid July. I’m assuming your car is in transit. If so, it’s reasonable to expect that the recall likely won’t add too much wait. Maybe a few weeks. As annoying as it is, you likely won’t remember this after a month or two of ownership. If you’ve waited this long, I recommend sticking out for the car you really want.

OP
OP

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Ford has announced the software update that fixes the recall. The update is expected mid July. I’m assuming your car is in transit. If so, it’s reasonable to expect that the recall likely won’t add too much wait. Maybe a few weeks. As annoying as it is, you likely won’t remember this after a month or two of ownership. If you’ve waited this long, I recommend sticking out for the car you really want.
I've been reading the same and thought it would be a quick fix. However, dealer said today to expect a few months at least. Maybe just expectation management on their part after telling me since November that it's just a few weeks away 🤣

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
When you go to sell in a few years, you will have a really low mileage 2021. Mileage has more to do with resale value than model year.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
Folks at dealerships are usually less informed than folks on the forums. This actually makes sense. The forums are filled with people who are passionate about this specific car, and compile information from a variety of sources. Dealerships only get information from a single source. Employees at dealerships are doing a job, so they aren’t necessarily passionate about it. They also can’t keep on top of the latest for every single model they sell.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
There's no way you're getting a 2021 still, is there? It has to have been upgraded to a 2022 with price protection.

OP
OP

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
There's no way you're getting a 2021 still, is there? It has to have been upgraded to a 2022 with price protection.
Nope definitely a 2021. One of the last off the line. Maybe I am the last one for all I know. My luck has been pretty bad.

And definitely understand that dealers arent always the most informed. I took that timeline statement with a big grain of salt. The GM has personally gotten involved with mine though and has been hounding Ford.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Nope definitely a 2021. One of the last off the line. Maybe I am the last one for all I know. My luck has been pretty bad.

And definitely understand that dealers arent always the most informed. I took that timeline statement with a big grain of salt. The GM has personally gotten involved with mine though and has been hounding Ford.
Have you been given a VIN yet?

OP
OP

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Have you been given a VIN yet?
Yes and I even had someone at the factory accept my request to add the car to my fordpass app. Which I guess is a screwup on whoever accepted it at the factory. Anyway, while it was in Mexico I was able to track it as it moved from random lot to random lot as it waited 5 months on chip hold. Ford turned it off when it crossed the border and I've been blind since

I put the vin into the link provided in the big recall thread and its included in the recall.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been reading the same and thought it would be a quick fix. However, dealer said today to expect a few months at least. Maybe just expectation management on their part after telling me since November that it's just a few weeks away 🤣
A few months?? Omg guess I should expect a 2024 at this point…. This has not been a good day for Ford:((

OP
OP

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
A few months?? Omg guess I should expect a 2024 at this point…. This has not been a good day for Ford:((
As Andrew said above, dealers arent always very informed. However, I've waited two months since my MME arrived at KC so it's not out of the realm that this sets it back another couple months even with a software update.

Oh and my MME is currently "missing" according to what ford told my dealership GM. Their best guess was a "railcar delay" somewhere. What a frickin mess

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As Andrew said above, dealers arent always very informed. However, I've waited two months since my MME arrived at KC so it's not out of the realm that this sets it back another couple months even with a software update.

Oh and my MME is currently "missing" according to what ford told my dealership GM. Their best guess was a "railcar delay" somewhere. What a frickin mess
Lol tell them to cut you a deal cuz I bet you can go locate it yourself faster…. Wow

OP
OP

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Lol tell them to cut you a deal cuz I bet you can go locate it yourself faster…. Wow
Oh I fully expect it to still be in the giant railcar yard east of KC. I'd love to fly out there and drive it back. Alas, life is never so simple. Also, it only had 5 percent battery according to fordpass when it passed through laredo in early april. It's dead as a rock I bet.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh I fully expect it to still be in the giant railcar yard east of KC. I'd love to fly out there and drive it back. Alas, life is never so simple. Also, it only had 5 percent battery according to fordpass when it passed through laredo in early april. It's dead as a rock I bet.
I am not sure if I have the kind of patience you are exhibiting….

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

If you have a 2021, maybe you still have the acoustic glass and the kick lift gate if that's on the window sticker...(if you ordered a Premium/GT).

That's a plus at least. Ordering anything else will be a long wait I think since all EVs are delayed/slow across the board.
Sponsored