Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Noted. While we’re offering suggestions: try acting like less of a jerk. It’s a consistent pattern with your posts. This forum should be a place for *friendly* discussion. And while I realize this is slightly off-topic, I suspect the reason some people behave like jerks is that not enough people call them out for it.
Mirak, it might help if you sound like less of a jerk in your response? If you go back through all of Tim's responses you will note they are in the thousands and many of then have been very helpful. You have posted a handful of responses and been here just a few months.
A little respect for the folks trying to offer help never hurts.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Here's some initial thoughts on FordPass:

Using an iPhone 12 Pro on iOS 14.4 and/or Chrome browser and FordPass online account.

1) PaaK - Needs work. Currently far too unreliable to feel comfortable using regularly. Takes 30 seconds or more to register my phone is near the car to unlock and another 30 seconds or more to register my phone inside the car to start it. Have had some weird errors show up inside the care when using PaaK too (turned the car off and was given a warning about no key, FOB required to restart, or something along those lines). I've made sure always keep the FordPass app open, all permissions set/etc.

2) Car status inside the FordPass app - If the car is charging I should see almost realtime data, why do I have to refresh to see current charge status? My BMW i3 requires a "refresh" if the car isn't plugged in (to save battery/etc obviously, don't want the car's modem sucking up juice), but if it's charging it's always connected and give realtime status. Also let me see the current charging power levels (in kWh).

3) Departure time settings: Please let us set HVAC temps. I have no idea what "Cool", "Medium", and "Warm" actually mean. Should also be able to set seat and steering wheel heating here too. If you don't want us setting exact temps, at least tell us what temp ranges those settings relate to.

4) FordPass website/account: Still very buggy. So far have not been able to activate the FordPass charging network, mostly due to Wallet issues from what I can tell.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
4) FordPass website/account: Still very buggy. So far have not been able to activate the FordPass charging network, mostly due to Wallet issues from what I can tell.
Just this morning I went in the web page to change my expired credit card on file, and what a mess. I first tried to add a new card, and the input fields weren't enabled. I made the mistake of deleting the card on file, and now the link to add a card is no longer there - just a blank screen. Happens in firefox and chrome. Actually it is not completely blank, just the body of it:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 8.40.08 AM

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
2) Car status inside the FordPass app - If the car is charging I should see almost realtime data, why do I have to refresh to see current charge status? My BMW i3 requires a "refresh" if the car isn't plugged in (to save battery/etc obviously, don't want the car's modem sucking up juice), but if it's charging it's always connected and give realtime status. Also let me see the current charging power levels (in kWh).
MyFordMobile -- the app used for Focus Electric and the Energi plugins -- worked that way as well. You had to refresh it to get the current status; charging or not.

The Chevy app for the Bolt also requires a refresh to see any status regardless of charge status.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
MyFordMobile -- the app used for Focus Electric and the Energi plugins -- worked that way as well. You had to refresh it to get the current status; charging or not.

The Chevy app for the Bolt also requires a refresh to see any status regardless of charge status.
I have realized that it does auto refresh somewhat regularly - so that's a plus. Guess I was spoiled by the BMW Connected app giving constant charging status info. Overall not a huge deal I suppose.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have realized that it does auto refresh somewhat regularly - so that's a plus. Guess I was spoiled by the BMW Connected app giving constant charging status info. Overall not a huge deal I suppose.
How long does it take to refresh the data when you do a manual refresh? Is it pretty quick?

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

MyFordMobile was a 2G/3G based system, I can understand it not streaming realtime data.

FordPass should be realtime streaming whenever the Mach-E is awake, as it can be on WiFi or LTE which is fast enough to support it.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
How long does it take to refresh the data when you do a manual refresh? Is it pretty quick?
Around 15 seconds just now to refresh. Ironically it refreshed to claim that it's unplugged, though it most definitely is (though it's fully charged).

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
MyFordMobile was a 2G/3G based system, I can understand it not streaming realtime data.

FordPass should be realtime streaming whenever the Mach-E is awake, as it can be on WiFi or LTE which is fast enough to support it.
Sure 2G/3G but how much data would "realtime" charge updates take? A few hundred bytes every 10 seconds or so--that would probably be fast enough to appear as "realtime" to someone monitoring the charge status. Even better: Send out an update when the percentage changes instead of a continuous rate. Given how slow Level-2 is you wouldn't see a packet of data for every 10 minutes or so.

That would still be "real time" given that realtime is so slow*.

*=excluding DCFC because only some Focus Electrics had it; everything else was Level-2 only.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Bogus message indicator;

Screenshot_20210207-120949.png

Screenshot_20210207-121001.png

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Bogus message indicator;

Screenshot_20210207-120949.png

Screenshot_20210207-121001.png
Can confirm - I have the same issue now as well.

EDIT - Just reopened FordPass and it seems to have cleared itself up. No more phantom message notification (and I didn't even "delete" my existing messages, just left them as "read").

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Outside of the where is my car threads - I see the FordPass, PAAk, Software and Integrations issues to be the most posted by April - and that's not necessarily good.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
- Message notifications don't clear until after force closing.
- No way to see if car is locked or unlocked in app. No idea if my car is locked when using Paak and walkway.
- Would like to be able to set a 1-time departure time for cabin conditioning for in the future, as a separate feature from Remote Start.

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Love the car, but overall the software is clunky, both Ford.com and FordPass app. Does not give me any confidence.

Also, the Owner dashboard on Ford.com is primarily aimed at pre-delivery issues. Download the app, connect your phone, remote setup, etc., that are irrelevant once you have the car. Would like this to switch from a marketing piece to being actually useful.

Here is a list of issues:

- Car will not connect to wifi, despite multiple other devices doing so successfully. Tried a dedicated 2.4ghz connection, but no success.
- On my Ford.com owner dashboard, NO connected services show up, i.e., no ability to connect to charging network.
- On FordPass app, the remote vehicle setup feature never gives me the option to Send to Vehicle.
- FordPass app, I get an error when I select Charge Settings in the Manage Charging option.
- FordPass app, the Charge Times option doesn't bring up any locations.
- PAAK is finicky. If you are in the car and turn it off, but need to turn it back on again, the car doesn't recognize the PAAK and prompts for code. If I go to the app on my phone, it eventually resolves itself.
Sponsored