James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Just got this warning first time today on my GT PE. I'm in California so cold should not be an issue. We haven't seen temps below 40 in the past couple of weeks.

One thing I did different in the past 2-3 days: I have been using remote start more than usually. Today before seeing the warning I drove for more than 20 minutes on Blue Cruise (Ford 'self drive'), parked the car on the street around 6pm for an hour or so and then remotely started the car. And there it was. Other info: Drive mode was unbridled. Temp outside I'd say 54*F.

I'll keep an eye on it for next week or so before taking it in. At least I'm glad to hear on this thread that if the warning goes away we're not limited to 80mph. Although it sucks to hear that technicians are still scratching their heads.

IMG_20220129_200917411_MF_PORTRAIT~2.jpg

IMG_20220129_200946104_MF_PORTRAIT~2.jpg
I had my car serviced January 11th for the suspension message (see above) but they only did some software updates (5). I am not sure they fixed the problem, but I have not had the message since the service appointment. I told the service person that they need to call Ford in Detroit on this one, but I am not sure they ever did. There are some other posts about the Magna Ride being the culprit, so maybe point them in that direction. Once it happened to me while just driving on the highway - I was in whisper mode every time it happened.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My advice, bring it in. It won’t fix itself. I did have a bad experience caught on a Colorado highway limited to 80. The problem is, you loose acceleration at 70.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
I had my car serviced January 11th for the suspension message (see above) but they only did some software updates (5). I am not sure they fixed the problem, but I have not had the message since the service appointment. I told the service person that they need to call Ford in Detroit on this one, but I am not sure they ever did. There are some other posts about the Magna Ride being the culprit, so maybe point them in that direction. Once it happened to me while just driving on the highway - I was in whisper mode every time it happened.
My advice, bring it in. It won’t fix itself. I did have a bad experience caught on a Colorado highway limited to 80. The problem is, you loose acceleration at 70.
i brought the GT Mach E performance edition in again for the suspension today.
In addition to the first message a second one appeared on the screen

Driver selectable suspension fault. Service Required.
Anyone else see both messages?

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Mines in for the 5th time. They tell me they’re replacing a module they believe to be the culprit.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Mines in for the 5th time. They tell me they’re replacing a module they believe to be the culprit.
Please let me know what module they replace... I can let my service department know. the first time they just did software updates. Seemed to work for about a month.

Did you get both messages

Driver Selectable suspension fault.jpg

Suspension Fault.jpg

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
Man good thing I didn't get the GTPE, I was partially sold on it. Stayed away from magna ride. I even bought my jeep without it after reading the people have issues with their airlift suspension etc for durability sake. I guess I was lucky in that regard when they had shortage on jeep and they stopped making them with that on summit series. Hope you guys get this figured out. Hate to see you or anyone have issues right now because of employee shortages everyone has, where can't get anything fixed for days.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Please let me know what module they replace... I can let my service department know. the first time they just did software updates. Seemed to work for about a month.

Did you get both messages

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suspension Fault Detected and other issues Suspension Fault

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suspension Fault Detected and other issues Suspension Fault
Yes, both. I’ll let you know.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Man good thing I didn't get the GTPE, I was partially sold on it. Stayed away from magna ride. I even bought my jeep without it after reading the people have issues with their airlift suspension etc for durability sake. I guess I was lucky in that regard when they had shortage on jeep and they stopped making them with that on summit series. Hope you guys get this figured out. Hate to see you or anyone have issues right now because of employee shortages everyone has, where can't get anything fixed for days.
I appreciate the sentiment. I have to tell you I had the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the magma ride. It worked flawlessly and I loved being able to raise it up to get over a curb. It would even lower on the highway to get better aerodynamics. First year cars often have a bit of trouble, so I am not surprised by the visits. I have taken the plunge with a few other first year models. No complaints. Just really happy - so far - with the ride, fit, finish and fun of the car.

Navygamer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
So I just got this error. I had stopped at olive garden to get a to go order and I had turned the car off while I made a phone call, I ended up sitting there about 36 mins and when I started the car up and got the errors. I didn't notice anything wrong until I got on the interstate/loop (Now here in Louisiana the roads are rough to say the least but this time the car was super bouncy) when I got home I turned the car off and turned it back on and I got the error again. I turned the car off and left it for a few hours cause I had other things I need to get done and when I tried it again I didn't get the error. and the temp today was 75 with a low of 57 night before and the car was in a garage.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
So I just got this error. I had stopped at olive garden to get a to go order and I had turned the car off while I made a phone call, I ended up sitting there about 36 mins and when I started the car up and got the errors. I didn't notice anything wrong until I got on the interstate/loop (Now here in Louisiana the roads are rough to say the least but this time the car was super bouncy) when I got home I turned the car off and turned it back on and I got the error again. I turned the car off and left it for a few hours cause I had other things I need to get done and when I tried it again I didn't get the error. and the temp today was 75 with a low of 57 night before and the car was in a garage.
As my friend said, it won’t fix itself. Make an appointment and tell them the error. You can tell them others have been getting their Vehicle Dynamics Module. It may take a few weeks to get in. The first time I had it in for this problem they just did software updates. A month later the error showed up again.
just a suggestion, but I would try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
I get this fault randomly here in the -10 to 30 degree temps. In the cold i Noticed if I park at the edge of a parking lot and one tire is in the grass and the car sits an angle. It seems to activate more frequently. Had this fault 5 or 6 times I simply get the car on a level surface. Turn it off. Turn it back on and it goes away. I think once it didn't till it got home and warmed up in the garage did it go away it sat on the lake that night at work where with wind chill it was -40. But otherwise this seems to just clear itself up, I've never been too concerned so far with it unless it sticks around for several days. I have seen on quite a few gm forums where any little issues with magna ride it pops the same restrictions. I mean it is a GM/Delphi product.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
I get this fault randomly here in the -10 to 30 degree temps. In the cold i Noticed if I park at the edge of a parking lot and one tire is in the grass and the car sits an angle. It seems to activate more frequently. Had this fault 5 or 6 times I simply get the car on a level surface. Turn it off. Turn it back on and it goes away. I think once it didn't till it got home and warmed up in the garage did it go away it sat on the lake that night at work where with wind chill it was -40. But otherwise this seems to just clear itself up, I've never been too concerned so far with it unless it sticks around for several days. I have seen on quite a few gm forums where any little issues with magna ride it pops the same restrictions. I mean it is a GM/Delphi product.
I would suggest bringing it in. There is a fix for it and as one poster told me, it ain’t gonna fix itself.
I am waiting for the part as we speak. Should be a week or two.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
They are ordering a Vehicle Dynamics Module for the car. I’ll let you know when they put it in.
I find it hard to believe a bad VDM is causing this but anything is possible. The code is for a signal plausibility failure in 1 or more shock absorbers. I'd assume it is a software issue. Could be wiring, could be internal circuitry to the VDM. Mine does this too but I really don't want to go to the dealer if I don't have to...hopefully it does fix it for you. It also doesn't do it often. Cold it likes to do it though.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
I would suggest bringing it in. There is a fix for it and as one poster told me, it ain’t gonna fix itself.
I am waiting for the part as we speak. Should be a week or two.
Sensors cannot fix themselves if they're out of whack when they're fired up. See it all the time. No don't know automotive equipment but much other instrumentation. Funny how so when you took him to the dealer was your fault active on the screen? Cuz otherwise dealers are going to do the typical. Oh no fault. Yep no problem. It's good. Also just curious what is the part that they're replacing that they feel is bad.
Sponsored