Syncing Remote

McSquashy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium 4X Vapor Blue
Would anyone like to enlighten me on how to operate this doohickey? It came with my GTPE wheels, in a box with the TPMS. I can only assume it's a programming device for the pressure sensors. My big question - can it sync the new sensors to the car, or does it only help the car relearn the sensors that were previously synced? Suppose I could look this up the owners manual, but that's boring. ;) I'd rather engage with you fine folks here.

1000141225.jpg
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I’m pretty sure there is a video or two on YouTube.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Put the car in TPMS training mode, then start at the driver's front wheel, hold the tool to the valve stem and press the green button. Hold it there until the horn honks. Then proceed in a clockwise direction to the other wheels until training is complete. The tool is triggering the sensors to send their information to the 315 MHz receiver in the BCM.

It's actually optional because the car will learn the new TMPS sensors itself if you drive it 5 miles.

OP
OP
McSquashy

McSquashy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Put the car in TPMS training mode, then start at the driver's front wheel, hold the tool to the valve stem and press the green button. Hold it there until the horn honks. Then proceed in a clockwise direction to the other wheels until training is complete. The tool is triggering the sensors to send their information to the 315 MHz receiver in the BCM.

It's actually optional because the car will learn the new TMPS sensors itself if you drive it 5 miles.
Thank you, sir!
Pretty sweet that the Mach-E will automatically detect and sync the new TPMS units.:cool:
Does the car also learn and remember the unique position of each unit, Or would I need to program that info? Also, is it an issue if I park close to my original wheels/TPMS?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you, sir!
Pretty sweet that the Mach-E will automatically detect and sync the new TPMS units.:cool:
Does the car also learn and remember the unique position of each unit, Or would I need to program that info? Also, is it an issue if I park close to my original wheels/TPMS?
I think it learns positions but haven't personally verified that.

Parking near the other set shouldn't be a problem because it will not replace the sensor ID unless the tire is rotating at speed.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So you bought new wheels and TPMS and they sent that tool. Hopefully the sensors they sent are compatible with the Mach-E.

No tool is needed as was said, just drive, and yes, it knows position.

OP
OP
McSquashy

McSquashy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So you bought new wheels and TPMS and they sent that tool. Hopefully the sensors they sent are compatible with the Mach-E.

No tool is needed as was said, just drive, and yes, it knows position.
I hope so too! I purchased the wheels direct from Ford and they came packaged with 4 TPMS and the tool. I never gave any thought to the sensors not being compatible.🤔

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope so too! I purchased the wheels direct from Ford and they came packaged with 4 TPMS and the tool. I never gave any thought to the sensors not being compatible.🤔
The sensors for the Mach-E need to operate on the 315MHz frequency but you are most likely ok as most Ford's use that type sensor. The reason they sent you the tool is because not all their cars automatically learn the TPMS sensors and their locations.
Sponsored