Taking Mach-E through commercial car wash?

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Tried once. The charger port door popped open in the process. Not going to do it again.
Sponsored

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Additionally, washing a car after it has been waxed and polished reduces the clear coat’s lifespan.
I totally agree with your recommendations for microfiber towels. And I agree that the soaps and chemicals used at some commercial touchless car washes can be harsh (they often have a high pH). But washing your car after it has been waxed and polished actually helps to prolong the clear coat's lifespan. If dirt and contaminants are left on the clear coat for long time, they can damage or degrade the clearcoat over time.

Washing your car once every 1-2 weeks is one of the single best things you can do to keep your car's paint and clearcoat in top form. Of course, you want to make sure you use materials and techniques that do not induce swirls or scratches.

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
For what it's worth, I take my car through the car wash about once to twice a week. I used to hand wash it each week when I first got it. But, we moved houses and our new bib is not in the front of the house nor convenient to wash the car. I'm sure there are microscratches with the brushes but I'm okay with that. Plus, I don't plan on keeping this vehicle (although I like it) for more than five years. So ... I'd rather have it clean. Also, I just put it in neutral and it is fine once I drive onto the proper part of the pull belt.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Brushless car wash. No problems. Uses less water than a hose in my driveway and we are in a severe drought.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Just curious if anyone has taken their Mach-e thru a commercial car wash - pulley types - and where employees clean the inside of the car too? Little afraid of marring the car either inside, outside or both?
I would never do this
Sponsored