Terrible PAAK experience the last two days; I don't understand what's going on...

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
So, my First Edition turned 1 year old this week and I am having the worse time with PAAK since yesterday.
It was never perfect for me but never this horrendous.

Opening/Closing the doors works well, even though it seems to take a little longer than before.

When I get into the car and attempt to start it, I get: no key detected.
I used to get that from times to time but usually unlocking my phone would fix it: not there.
Restarting the app doesn't fix it either.
So, I type my Passcode.
Right after typing my passcode, I get "No key detected" again: what the hell, the passcode is here to replace the key!
After a couple seconds, I can drive.
Within a minute I get "no key detected" again, if unlock my phone and it disappears.

I tried to kill all my apps, restart my phone but it doesn't seem to help.
CarPlay works as usual. It's really strange...

I'm on FordPass 4.12 and my car got the SW Calibration Update done a few months ago.

I also noticed that today my car was making different chimes and the backup camera sound was a different pitch...
Sponsored

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yeah, I have been having all sorts of PaaK issues since the 4.12.0 update. Things got all wonky a few days ago for me too.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Overall I've had a terrible PaaK experience but I will say the last few weeks its been working well. Kick to open still has major issues. Accessing the car, starting, and driving without errors has been very good the last few weeks. Ford just gave me (Job 1) a second fob and since then PaaK has been working well. lol

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I had a few problems a couple weeks ago and had to use the key code a couple times. Since then, no issues.

I think once in a while PaaK gets drunk and has a hangover the next day.

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Yeah, I have been having all sorts of PaaK issues since the 4.12.0 update. Things got all wonky a few days ago for me too.
Yeah, it hasn't been great for me since the update either, and mine is a Job 2 February 22 delivery. It always ends up working, but it has been requiring a lot more patience for both door opening and power-on.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I've been having PaaK issues lately too. For me, when it happens, I notice that the windows up/down and trunk buttons are greyed out in the app even though I am within bluetooth range. If I open my bluetooth settings, it will show connected to the car. I have been able to get it to work by turning off bluetooth, force closing the app, turning bluetooth back on, then reopening the app. Oddly, the one time I tried rebooting the phone, it didn't work. Fortunately, that mostly went away after a couple of days. Mostly.

The whole car has been acting a little wonky the last couple of weeks. Repeated "adaptive cruise unavailable" messages, even though it works fine. Warning chimes playing through the instrument panel instead of the stereo. Audio only playing out of one speaker until I switch sources and then it's fine. Audio stuttering in Carplay. Carplay disconnected in the middle of a drive. Nav freezing on the instrument cluster, but still running in the center display. The last 4 were all with CarPlay, so it is hard to know if it is the MME or the phone.

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I've been having PaaK issues lately too. For me, when it happens, I notice that the windows up/down and trunk buttons are greyed out in the app even though I am within bluetooth range. If I open my bluetooth settings, it will show connected to the car. I have been able to get it to work by turning off bluetooth, force closing the app, turning bluetooth back on, then reopening the app. Oddly, the one time I tried rebooting the phone, it didn't work. Fortunately, that mostly went away after a couple of days. Mostly.

The whole car has been acting a little wonky the last couple of weeks. Repeated "adaptive cruise unavailable" messages, even though it works fine. Warning chimes playing through the instrument panel instead of the stereo. Audio only playing out of one speaker until I switch sources and then it's fine. Audio stuttering in Carplay. Carplay disconnected in the middle of a drive. Nav freezing on the instrument cluster, but still running in the center display. The last 4 were all with CarPlay, so it is hard to know if it is the MME or the phone.
damn that’s wild.
I’m glad it’s not just me then and I don’t think it’s the phone because my wife was in the car with her phone running FordPass and it didn’t help.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Right there with you on 4.12 and 2.4.1. PAAK was actually becoming fairly reliable until the week or so. Car will not unlock, key not detected. It is becoming much less reliable again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this PAAK and CarPlay concerns. Thanks!
Sponsored