Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Ohh I would be so pissed if I bought a Tesla Model Y LR in the last year, Price dropped from 85K to 69.9K - Model 3 RWD is under 55K and probably will qualify now for the 5K rebate
This is Crazy right? never seen a price of a car dropped that much, are we missing any thing?
I tested the model Y 4 months ago, glad I did not buy it at that time, I would have been really pissed, my wife is not a tesla Fan, but the price now is very tempted
Sponsored

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
I won't directly fund Elon so it's NBD to me. These price drops thoughre interesting because of how large they are. Interest rates have down their job to a point but Elon's antics ranking the share means they need to increase sales volumes over value. It'll be interesting to watch.

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
Hahah so the Globe reported on this and I just read it.

"The move, which prompted a 4.5 per cent fall in Tesla’s shares in pre-market U.S. trade, came after CEO Elon Musk warned that the prospect of recession and higher interest rates meant it could lower prices to sustain volume growth at the expense of profit. "

Nailed it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...ice-cuts-to-us-europe-in-bid-to-drive-demand/