blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
You should look for one on Turo and rent it for a day or two. That's what I did, even though it was a SR RWD version I really liked it. Turo is great for doing a "test drive" because dealers usually have a small loop and then ask if you're ready to buy it. Its never really enough to know if you like the car. With Turo you can go through the settings, learn the infotainment system, etc.
Sponsored

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Been working with a Dealer, for a few weeks, on the possibility of purchasing a Mustang Mach-E.

Since I had a bit of time this evening, I went and test drove one. It was a Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD, with extended battery. Honestly, I am not 100% sold, just yet.

Currently, I drive a Ford Edge ST. And, I feel the cabin in particular, the driver seat area, is comfortable and larger than in the Mach-E. I will add, I adjusted the seat to have it all the way back. But, neglected to a adjust the seat up/down or tilt it. That may have something to do with why I did not feel totally comfortable.

For 10 minutes, I drove the Mach-E, in 'unbridled' mode. The thing moves, no question. Braking felt weird, but, more than likely one will adjust to it over repetitive use.

Not sure exactly what I was expected. Maybe, I was looking for a "Wow, got to purchase this today" type of feel. But, it was not there. When I purchased my 2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1, that was the feeling I got. Today, not so much.

Anyone else with test driving experience?

PS: First electric car/SUV I have been in, let alone driven.
Would recommend driving some other EVs as well to compare. I'm sure I'll get flak for this but I liked the MME and had one on order, but when I test drove the Model 3 I did have that I must have it feeling and switched my order.

Also the timing did factor in too, as the MME was going to take over 24 weeks and the M3 took about 6 weeks.

Not sure if they have BMW i4s or Audi A4 etrons yet for test drive. Lots of good stuff coming out soon like the EV6 and Ionic 5 also

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I got 15 minutes or less in traffic for a test drive in a Permium 4X. It was nice. Igot about 12 minutes of driving time. I had my eye on reserving a GT-PE anyhow, so that’s where I stand.
Sponsored