F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Haha! Business Insider.

Nice try.
OK, you lost me. Not sure what "nice try" means in this context. My googling skills are substandard?

I fully agree it's not a full 10 times safer as the raw data might indicate to some. Because that data has to be adjusted for some of the factors mentioned. But there is no way those adjustments are going to drive the actual accident rate a full 10 times higher. And for Autopilot to be considered unsafe, it would have to drive the accident rate past the 10 times safer cited by Tesla.
I feel as though you continue to make a lot of unsupported broad statements above, but I am sure the next couple of links you post with "statistics", reviewed & evaluated by outside entities, will provide a robust rebuttal to the article I posted, giving me food for thought.

You asked me to google, I did, so now let's see the independently reviewed statistics supporting your statements above. No press releases, tweets, or cultural learnings please.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Auto Pilot could not be activated on the same stretch of road but traffic aware cruise control (TACC) could be activated.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The person driving in this video makes clear that this IS NOT a self driving car. He only takes his hands briefly off the wheel to demonstrate how the cameras read the lines. On the other hand, the Tesla video explicit states the AP is self driving and the driver IS ONLY in the seat "because of legal reasons".

Seems a fairly obvious difference, clear to anyone of average intelligence.. Not sure why you are struggling to understand it. My guess is that you don't want to understand it. If it's the other alternative you have my sympathies.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Your conclusions are not based on the facts in that report and we need to wait for the full report. Something went wrong, don't follow Mr Musk in jumping to conclusions.
Sponsored