Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Jeezus!!!

100% agree! Had a jackass brake check me at speed on the highway (apparently I took too long to get out of his way) and even though I was ready for it I was amazed. She stops on a dime.

Great RT by the way!

the golden eel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
A couple things....

On my first watch I could tell what car it was going to be. Something about how it stopped.

Wow you were quick on the horn. I wouldn't have even considered the horn at that instant. And I don't mean this in a negative way.

Glad you didn't get your MME dinged up.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Nice reaction time and you managed to avoid the guardrails on the left!! What dashcam are you using?

OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Nice reaction time and you managed to avoid the guardrails on the left!! What dashcam are you using?
I use Thinkware F200 Pro.

At that moment I was not sure there was no damage. I expected we would park at the safe place after the intersection and check our cars, but he drove away. I followed him and started to call the police, but he stopped after the next intersection. We had a short conversation while I checked my car. He blamed his car blind spot assistant and looked absolutely no worried about what he did. Even laughed that my car was fine and following him was unnecessary. Luckily there was no damage. How on the wet road I was able to manage such a quick stop? No idea, but thanks to Ford engineers.

Last edited:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I've had a couple emergency braking episodes too (intersections where someone did something stupid) and you're right - this thing stops on a dime!

Elektronik

First Name
Olegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD standard battery
Country flag

At that moment I was not sure there was no damage. I expected we would park at the safe place after the intersection and check our cars, but he drove away. I followed him and started to call the police, but he stopped after the next intersection. We had a short conversation while I checked my car. He blamed his car blind spot assistant and looked absolutely no worried about what he did. Even laughed that my car was fine and following him was unnecessary. Luckily there was no damage. How on the wet road I was able to manage such a quick stop? No idea, but thanks to Ford engineers.
and his car's blind spot assistant did not see the continues white line which is not allowed to be crossed? he can blame only himself as unexperienced driver.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

No turn signal and yeah, you don’t show up in his blind spot detection because you’re way behind him when he starts to move.

Blind spot detection only works when you’re moving the same speed as traffic near you. Homeslice was stopped.

People rely on tech too much and forget to use their eyes to look around. Blind spot, 360 cameras, cross traffic alert, even Bluecruise are meant to be driver aids, not driver replacements. That dude sucks. 😜

Good job avoiding that tool!

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
Next time he'll get in a serious accident and learn from the consequences. Sad if it's a fatal one, but some people can't learn unless they experience it.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
LOVE that the reaction time on the horn matches your reaction time on the brakes ;-). Nicely done.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
and his car's blind spot assistant did not see the continues white line which is not allowed to be crossed? he can blame only himself as unexperienced driver.
Crossing solid white line is discouraged but not illegal.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Inside mirror, outside mirror blind spot. Then you move. Always assume a jackass will run a red light, blow stop sign whatever:
Sponsored