John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Read a few posts recently that indicate Ford would like to transition over to online ordering. Fine and ducky by me, but before you pull the trigger, Ford, improve the order tracking. By a load. If Ford expects a customer to wait 6 months, or six weeks, for their cars to arrive, the communication process of providing order status needs to become more transparent and more frequent. A customer waiting for a car should get weekly updates on order status, build date, ship date, arrival date, and so on. And the customer should not be required to dig this up on their own. These long dead spots in the tracking info are just ridiculous.

I am surprised people who are used to instant gratification would stand for treatment like this.

As my build date (which my dealer provided) approached, I expected to see something change in the tracking. Nope, no change. In fact, all the tracking tools I have access to have not changed since Order Rec'd. My dealer has provided all the updates so far. In fact, they just told me my order is now "locked-in", and production week is now September 6. Without my dealer, I would know nothing.

I bought a "21 F-150 in February, and it is simply a great truck, best I have ever owned. Ford is the last great American car company, since GM has sold out to China, and Chrysler has been re-badged twice now. C'mon, Ford, talk to your customers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This has been discussed countless times and I doubt you'll find anyone who would disagree.
This post was meant mainly for the Ford people who monitor this forum.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag