Tire Walls Turning Brown - Suggestions for Cleaning?

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
My 2021 California Route 1 tires are starting to turn a brown rust-like color. I read online that this is potentially "tire blooming." Has anyone else had this problem? If som what have you used to remove it and prevent it?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I've had this issue on occasion on our Tacoma (not the MME). I just use whatever car soap I'm using for the car and a good synthetic tire brush and scrub the living daylights out of it. There may be other and better solutions as I've not had the problem in quite some time.

ddeluce

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Vapor Blue
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Try a tire cleaning foam spray and a brush (Griot's Garage has a good one). I've had good results. After tires and wheels are clean apply a tire dressing to keep tires looking good and protected.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Try a tire cleaning foam spray and a brush (Griot's Garage has a good one). I've had good results. After tires and wheels are clean apply a tire dressing to keep tires looking good and protected.
Dave is correct. After cleaning, if you use a tire dressing, you will never have brown sidewalls. I use Mequiar's spray tire dressing about every 3rd or 4th time I wash the tires. My tire sidewalls are always jet black and have done this for years on all my vehicles, not just the MME.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Here is a helpful thread on Autogeek Online, a forum for professional detailer and enthusiasts, in which they discuss and compare different tire cleaners. I personally use and recommend Mckee’s37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator.

if your tires are very brown, you might need to clean and scrub them with a tire brush 3-4 times. A good rule of thumb is to repeat cleaning until the cleaning solution no longer turns brown as you are scrubbing.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/foru...rison-thread.html?highlight=Best+tire+cleaner

Tibot

First Name
Thibaud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Hi,

After cleaning tires, I use the "Perl" from Carpro. Tires are deep mat black with it, and it last !

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you don't have a special cleaner on hand, I have used a mixture of Dawn w/a brush......does a decent job
Sponsored