21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company can we get this put into a development request? I have a receiver hitch with a bike rack, it would be nice to have a toggle for cameras off, or hitch on back, or something; right now when you shift to reverse the car beeps non-stop, then slams the auto brakes, until it eventually throws 5 faults about camera issues. Its an SUV, SUVs move bikes around.

I also acknowledge this is not just a Ford or Mach-E thing, friends have reported their car freaks out with a bike rack.
The Ford-labeled Ford-authorized European swan-neck hitch system has a separate tow module which controls for all this via CANBUS.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company can we get this put into a development request? I have a receiver hitch with a bike rack, it would be nice to have a toggle for cameras off, or hitch on back, or something; right now when you shift to reverse the car beeps non-stop, then slams the auto brakes, until it eventually throws 5 faults about camera issues. Its an SUV, SUVs move bikes around.

I also acknowledge this is not just a Ford or Mach-E thing, friends have reported their car freaks out with a bike rack.

just turn the reverse brake assist OFF

I leave mine off all the time since the time the car slammed on the brakes when I was backing out of a steep driveway and the 'assist' saw the level street as 'an object'.... it was NOT helpful.