John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
That's actually all I'm looking for – a trailer hitch bike rack. Avoids the roof rack systems and resulting potential problems.
Same here. I have a great Sarris bike rack that I put in the hitch on my Escape and it is the best bike rack I have ever had. I don’t want to give it up.
Sponsored

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Same here. I have a great Sarris bike rack that I put in the hitch on my Escape and it is the best bike rack I have ever had. I don’t want to give it up.
Same here- I plan on using sea sucker for my bike, but with the kids' bikes, a hitch-mounted tray would be a much better option...

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I have often wondered, even with Tesla Y - if you have a hitched bike rack, how does that interact/interfere with all the rear sensors?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I have often wondered, even with Tesla Y - if you have a hitched bike rack, how does that interact/interfere with all the rear sensors?
I will tell you that in my Escape, it is literally a pain in my "rear". Every day, if I leave it on, as soon as I put the car in reverse, it beeps loudly and I have to go to the controls on the steering wheel to turn it off. It also obstructs the view of the rear camera, and makes it hard to back up like I have gotten used to with having the sensors and the rear camera.
For those reasons, even though it is a bit of a pain, I have gotten used to removing it when not actually using it for bikes. It's one bolt I have to unlock and unscrew.
The first season I had it, I left it on all season and it was really annoying.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
They need to do an OTA with some sort of Tow Mode, so the car knows a hitch is on.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
The same with my RAV4.

Fortunately, they make it easy to turn offwith two button presses on the steering wheel enter button (when it's beeping). Just really wish the sensors and cameras worked when the bike rack is on.

If the hitch was built-in and a few inches higher (on my RAV4), it might not interfere with the sensors. Here's hoping the MME does better!

I will tell you that in my Escape, it is literally a pain in my "rear". Every day, if I leave it on, as soon as I put the car in reverse, it beeps loudly and I have to go to the controls on the steering wheel to turn it off. It also obstructs the view of the rear camera, and makes it hard to back up like I have gotten used to with having the sensors and the rear camera.
For those reasons, even though it is a bit of a pain, I have gotten used to removing it when not actually using it for bikes. It's one bolt I have to unlock and unscrew.
The first season I had it, I left it on all season and it was really annoying.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
If the hitch was built-in and a few inches higher (on my RAV4), it might not interfere with the sensors. Here's hoping the MME does better!
I have great news for you. In the US, the MME will have zero interference from a Ford hitch!

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I have great news for you. In the US, the MME will have zero interference from a Ford hitch!
Tell me more. Ford hitch in the US? Option or after market?

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
In the specifics of orders Ford France specifies a towing capacity of 750 kg, already confirmed by my dealer, or 1653 lb. It does not say that it is only for a bicycle rack.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
They need to do an OTA with some sort of Tow Mode, so the car knows a hitch is on.
@Ford Motor Company can we get this put into a development request? I have a receiver hitch with a bike rack, it would be nice to have a toggle for cameras off, or hitch on back, or something; right now when you shift to reverse the car beeps non-stop, then slams the auto brakes, until it eventually throws 5 faults about camera issues. Its an SUV, SUVs move bikes around.

I also acknowledge this is not just a Ford or Mach-E thing, friends have reported their car freaks out with a bike rack.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company can we get this put into a development request? I have a receiver hitch with a bike rack, it would be nice to have a toggle for cameras off, or hitch on back, or something; right now when you shift to reverse the car beeps non-stop, then slams the auto brakes, until it eventually throws 5 faults about camera issues. Its an SUV, SUVs move bikes around.

I also acknowledge this is not just a Ford or Mach-E thing, friends have reported their car freaks out with a bike rack.
There is a slider on the rear view camera screen to turn off the auto stop feature.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
There is a slider on the rear view camera screen to turn off the auto stop feature.
brilliant! Will go check on my next drive.
Sponsored