JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
That makes a lot of sense and of course you shouldn't play that game. Seems like Ford is tired of the BS so they'll probably work with you.
The dealer is jerking you around. Any order entered before the price increase is grandfatherd in. Up to the dealer to submit a chargeback to Ford, which they will honor.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
The dealer is jerking you around. Any order entered before the price increase is grandfatherd in. Up to the dealer to submit a chargeback to Ford, which they will honor.
But that's just it exactly. The dealer will get the money even if they don't balance it out with the buyer. Which is totally shitty and good to take the business elsewhere.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I'm not sure if GT PE orders are treated differently, but I have a Premium on order, at the stage of "order accepted by dealer" but not yet scheduled. I contacted Ford back in December to ask about the process of changing dealerships. They told me that the dealership would need to be involved. If I remember the specifics of what they said correctly, it sounded like the original dealership would cancel their order and the new dealership would place the order. In a way that makes sense: when you order online, what the website calls your order number is really more like a reservation number. The dealership places the actual vehicle order, and there's an entirely different order number associated with that. It sounds like Ford just wants the initial order unlinked from your reservation number, and to have a new order linked to it. I believe the representative mentioned that price protection would no longer apply in that scenario, since it's like making a new order.

The Ford representative also mentioned that once the vehicle is scheduled for production, the order can't be altered in any way - including changing dealerships. You can place a new order, but the original dealership is going to get a car with your name on it regardless, and they'll be free to slap a higher ADM on it and sell it to the next person.

I'd recommend calling Ford to inquire about it a bit more. Log in to your Ford account, and the number I used was the one at the bottom of the reservation page. I've called them twice in total; each time there was no hold time, and the representatives were genuine and understanding (if not a bit useless - but I blame Ford and Ford's policy for that, not the individual representatives).
Sponsored