Transmission fluid pump stalled; 88mph speed cap

JoelThePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Just closing the loop on this for anyone following the thread - the dealer was not able to pull any codes and i did take the car out at 2am and confirmed that I was able to accelerate past the previously noted limit. They were adamant that they did not do anything or change any thing - just that the codes didnt exist.

Regardless, I will I guess just try to accelerate as noted previously to see if this ever comes up.

TLDR; the Mach E healed itself for now.
Sponsored

JoelThePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Not to revive a dead thread but just letting the forum know - dealership was ultimately able to pull a code (P0C2A).

They replaced the oil pump and took about 3 days to get it done. While my vehicle was in for service, they mentioned another Mach E had come in with the same problem as well.

Thanks to everyone who helped guide me to get this fixed. Initially Ford dealership had said “we cannot test drive your vehicle at those speeds so we cannot address your issue”. I actually had to tell them to pull codes before they diagnosed it.

OP
OP
fangfow

fangfow

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE GTPE
Occupation
RF Engineer
Country flag
Not to revive a dead thread but just letting the forum know - dealership was ultimately able to pull a code (P0C2A).

They replaced the oil pump and took about 3 days to get it done. While my vehicle was in for service, they mentioned another Mach E had come in with the same problem as well.

Thanks to everyone who helped guide me to get this fixed. Initially Ford dealership had said “we cannot test drive your vehicle at those speeds so we cannot address your issue”. I actually had to tell them to pull codes before they diagnosed it.
Glad to hear it all worked out!

Nolanbro

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Student
Country flag
So I know this is a dead thread for the most part but my oil pump just died about 400 miles from home. The dealers around here are 2 weeks out for an appointment with no loaner so I basically have to take the car back home with me. I actually have an error light on saying service vehicle soon which I interpret as within 500 miles. It's almost comedic how many things on my mach e break. I just had a new junction box (number 3) installed last week too.

Nolanbro

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

JoelThePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
It is indeed comical. I’m 90% sure on my next inevitable major issue, I will be trading it in for a gas car again :(

For what it’s worth, my dealer said I can leave the car and wait for it to get fixed (~5 days). Or just take the car and bring it back when they had all the parts ordered and in.

I took that to mean it’s still safe to drive normally, without much risk for anything. I know on the forum it is described as a serious problem, and in theory it sounds serious too. I ultimately left my car at the dealer and got my own rental, but the fact that they gave the option to take it home and drive normally told me it might not be as serious as we think.

Then again, I was the first Mach e with this issue at the dealer.

Nolanbro

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok that's good to know. Speed limits in ny are only 65 so I was going to try and stay under 70 for the ride back. They are looking at it on Tuesday (usually parts take like a day for them to get as the franchise is the biggest in ny). Should I just say screw it and leave the car there? I have the ESP so I get rental reimbursement but not first day rental. I'm only 18 so they don't give loaner cars out.

I just opened a lemon law claim with ford. I'm considering getting a 2024 mach e as I love the car but clearly the first editions have issues

JoelThePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Good luck with the lemon law! Wish we had something like that north of the border.

If you have rental coverage, I’d get a rental. Eat the first day’s charge which might be ~30USD.

2024 sounds like a good option - if that becomes a reality for you; I would heavily advise doing so. All of the issues we are seeing with 2021 or 2022 built Mach E’s, I have still seen with 2023 owners however significantly less. I can only assume 2024/2025 will have everything figured out

Nolanbro

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Good luck with the lemon law! Wish we had something like that north of the border.

If you have rental coverage, I’d get a rental. Eat the first day’s charge which might be ~30USD.

2024 sounds like a good option - if that becomes a reality for you; I would heavily advise doing so. All of the issues we are seeing with 2021 or 2022 built Mach E’s, I have still seen with 2023 owners however significantly less. I can only assume 2024/2025 will have everything figured out
My big issue is cost. I don't wanna be paying 20k difference for the "same" car. I'm tempted by equinox ev as it's so cheap. Or a tesla. I drove several 3s at this point and really like them. I just worry about not having enough cargo space.

JoelThePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Depending on how you drive your GT, you may not like the suspension on the Model 3. I have driven a Plaid S, a Model X, various Ford/Lincoln plug in hybrids, and of course on the GTPE - I will admit to the magnaride suspension being amongst the better ones.

Besides that, I think realistically all EVs have some pros and some cons. You also probably can’t go wrong with any option on the market right now; just pick the best deal :)

Anyways, hope it all works out for you!

Nolanbro

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So I just completed a 350 mile drive with the bad oil pump. Cooling fans running on max the whole time. It went about 330 miles before I got the coolant overheat temp message, taking it to dealer on Tuesday as I just have short trips left to do. My guess is that rear motor is probably toast.

OP
OP
fangfow

fangfow

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE GTPE
Occupation
RF Engineer
Country flag
So I just completed a 350 mile drive with the bad oil pump. Cooling fans running on max the whole time. It went about 330 miles before I got the coolant overheat temp message, taking it to dealer on Tuesday as I just have short trips left to do. My guess is that rear motor is probably toast.
Oof, glad you were able to make it back from your trip … Funny enough, while my car was in service and I assume service tech doing test drives, I got several coolant temp alerts in FordPass; they didn’t end up changing my motor, just new pump and a ton of seals and gaskets.

DMO

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I am having the same issue, within 2k of 60,000 miles. Hope they can confirm and get it fixed, the speed limitation has been intermittent so hope the dealer sees the same thing I do.

F4159EAE-B8F8-4C58-953A-58BABF7C5133.jpeg

Nolanbro

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am having the same issue, within 2k of 60,000 miles. Hope they can confirm and get it fixed, the speed limitation has been intermittent so hope the dealer sees the same thing I do.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Transmission fluid pump stalled; 88mph speed cap F4159EAE-B8F8-4C58-953A-58BABF7C5133
Interesting. What is that last code for? I don't remember seeing that on mine. Also are you getting a warning light on the dash? I am.

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Out of curiosity, what were the temperatures when you got the coolant overheat warning? Could you post temperature graphs from the trip in obd2 app?
Sponsored