Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So today I took my first road trip from Tybee Island, GA to Kathleen, Ga. it’s 186 miles all uphil and against the prevailing winds. I charged up last night at home to 100% and 273 miles. After the first 20 miles of suburban/urban driving, I entered I-16 too Macon, 136 miles of interstate with the ACC set at 80 mph, climate control at 72°. It was 49° at the start. I had set departure for 10am and the car was preheated on house power, ready to go. When I arrived at the destination I had 20% battery and 40 miles range. I started shopping for charging stations. Angst set in seeing mostly Level 2 at businesses within 5-7 miles. The closest Dc charger(CP) was 20 miles away at Mercer U. So I followed Ford nav to the location and low and behold the street it led me to wasn’t there. I circled the area a few times, drove down Little Richard Perryman Drive?, the figured there has to be something at the Hilton Courtyard, at least info when I saw in the big parking lot what you see below. Saved by the bell!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Trip #1 image
Sponsored

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Did you have any issues with getting the charging session going? I tried a Georgia Power ChargePoint DC charger in Atlanta (Chamblee) and it would never charge. It looked older than the one you have there. I'm pretty sure it was an issue with the charger, not my Mach E

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you have any issues with getting the charging session going? I tried a Georgia Power ChargePoint DC charger in Atlanta (Chamblee) and it would never charge. It looked older than the one you have there. I'm pretty sure it was an issue with the charger, not my Mach E
No. It worked on the first try. Guess I got lucky. Only issue the cable was so short and no one was there. Had to take up 2 spaces to connect!
Sponsored