Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
My trunk is hitting in the left side the pinted panel and starts rubbing the paint off. A year ago I asked the dealer about allignment adjustment, they said there is not much which can be done.

Is there anything I can do diy and how would I do it?

20220729_181836.jpg
Sponsored

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'd assume the ones up top that actually hinge it up. They're likely what is controlling the position/horizontal level, the lift arms are just along for the ride.

I knew my hatch was a bit crooked and rather suspected that's why the "customer" (... tech at the dealership ...) refused delivery, but now I'm going to have to go inspect for paint damage. Bleh.

Last edited:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Those are what I used to adjust my gate up as it was too low, but the dealer ended up getting them replaced by a body shop as even at the highest setting the gate was too low and the inside molding rubbed against the inside edge of the frame opening. I would imagine there is a small bit of play L-R, or raising the right side would move the lower left away from the frame.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
That’s what you adjust when you line up your door in the house with the frame. Same thing.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
It’s rather disappointing such simple fit and finish doesn’t even come out right. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a Tesla, but in a Ford?