spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
According to this procedure, if you don't see a pending GWM update, this TSB doesn't apply. But GWM update was only 6.1.0. Shouldn't this procedure apply even if GWM has no pending update, but any of the above: APIM, TCU, IPC have an update pending in FDRS?

Also, any idea how long an IPC update (6.8.0) takes using FDRS and a Mongoose cable?

Edit: The reason I'm asking is because I already have 6.1.0, 6.2.1, and 6.3.0. If I brought it to the dealer would they refuse to do this TSB because I have no more GWM updates pending in FDRS, despite the IPC update pending?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
According to this procedure, if you don't see a pending GWM update, this TSB doesn't apply. But GWM update was only 6.1.0. Shouldn't this procedure apply even if GWM has no pending update, but any of the above: APIM, TCU, IPC have an update pending in FDRS?

Also, any idea how long an IPC update (6.8.0) takes using FDRS and a Mongoose cable?

Edit: The reason I'm asking is because I already have 6.1.0, 6.2.1, and 6.3.0. If I brought it to the dealer would they refuse to do this TSB because I have no more GWM updates pending in FDRS, despite the IPC update pending?
Good point. They should make sure all 4 modules are up to date since cars may be in different stages of OTAs.

IPC takes like 40 min with a USB stick IIRC.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
So I just checked FDRS. I have everything pending updates except for the IPC.... But I never got 6.8.0 (2023 Premium ER).

I wonder if that APIM update is needed to unblock it (this update is supposedly the one that brings it from -EL to -EM).

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2012 - Drive Mode Not Available Message / Defaults to Normal Mode While Driving 1705470839362

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I am yet another person who saw this problem occasionally last spring/summer, but I would say I haven't seen it since around the time I got my HVBJB repaired and had them do all the CSPs called out for my car around Nov 1st.
Sponsored