jayadelson

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm new to this system/process, but I'm guessing that there is a manifest that I can check someplace which would indicate what versions of each module I have installed... You may already have it installed.

Zardoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GT
:eek::eek::eek:

First time being notified about the update. It has failed countless times due to a manifest errror (according to FDRS). Let's see if this OTA pushes through successfully and fixes my BC so I can cancel my Monday appointment....

Edit 1: Still in progress, 25 minutes eclipsed...
Edit 2: Can't tell if it went through, as I'm not near vehicle. Can't access update section in app...and the install notifications disappeared. No alert for a fail.
Edit 3: Going to guess it has failed, as nothing is showing up on app. Will update this in an hour...
1000001013.jpg

Of course it did...still waiting for Monday, I guess!

Screenshot_20240326_165112_FordPass.jpg
Have you checked the car for any messages? My app says the same thing as yours and the car says "Ford will make a new update available as soon as possible." My guess is a corrupt download from the searching I've done. Maybe we're just at the back of the download queue now...
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2087 | Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering MachE Screen1

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just got word from my dealer, this TSB fixed my issue. I should state my problem popped up after the 6.14 update. I did not have this issue with the 6.13 update.

wmsheppa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Awesome! I was able to snag an appointment at the local dealer for tomorrow so will verify!
Dropped off my '22 Premium this AM and am exceptionally pleased to report that for the first time since early January both handsfree blue cruise and lane centering/adaptive blue cruise are now working on my car. Took the dealer about 3-4 hours start to finish, including testing to make sure the fix actually took.

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just to add another data point, my car’s bluecruise and lane centering stopped working last Thursday after an update. I got an appointment at my dealer for today, drop off at 8:30am. Just got my car back at 3pm and it’s all fixed, working as usual! Here’s a photo of my invoice if it gives any useful info. The dealer told me that they just had to update the car per a TSB.

Also, the dealer said the fix would’ve been approximately $380 if I was not under warranty.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2087 | Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering IMG_5346

Shepherd

First Name
Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT, Carbonized Grey. "Magneto"
Occupation
Federal Government
Interesting thread reading about failed updates. I've owned mine less then 2 weeks and only had 2 power-up updates and all the driving features are working, at least so far they are. Now I'm concerned they won't work at some point. How do I know what updates I need? Maybe it's assuming too much to think the Ford dealer updated it fully?

hollisms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLRU
Country flag
Just to add another data point, my car’s bluecruise and lane centering stopped working last Thursday after an update. I got an appointment at my dealer for today, drop off at 8:30am. Just got my car back at 3pm and it’s all fixed, working as usual! Here’s a photo of my invoice if it gives any useful info. The dealer told me that they just had to update the car per a TSB.

Also, the dealer said the fix would’ve been approximately $380 if I was not under warranty.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2087 | Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering IMG_5346
Total class action lawsuit in the making if an OTA update breaks a car and they charge customers to remediate.

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Total class action lawsuit in the making if an OTA update breaks a car and they charge customers to remediate.
don’t ya think they’ll eventually fix it via an OTA update requiring no dealer visit?

Also, the $380 was what they charged ford for the warranty work I believe.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
don’t ya think they’ll eventually fix it via an OTA update requiring no dealer visit?
Maybe, but then shouldn't Ford be on the hook for compensating the owner for the missing feature for however many months it takes for them to figure out how to fix it via OTA? Paying the dealer to fix it out of warranty might be cheaper and provide better customer satisfaction in the long run.

jayadelson

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Interesting thread reading about failed updates. I've owned mine less then 2 weeks and only had 2 power-up updates and all the driving features are working, at least so far they are. Now I'm concerned they won't work at some point. How do I know what updates I need? Maybe it's assuming too much to think the Ford dealer updated it fully?
Ford occasionally sends updates to your car to improve features or fix issues. An update that went out over the course of the past few months had a bug in the code that took out BlueCruise and Lane Centering features. The reason was related to the driver-facing camera (the one that watches your eyes to make sure you're paying attention).

Once they realized this was a problem, I think it's safe to say they stopped queuing up the bug.

In theory, as long as your car has connectivity, you'll just get normal updates like everyone else, but never get the bug, so you'll never need to take this in to be fixed.

If you go to your car's settings on the main display, then tap on Vehicle or General, I believe there is an About SYNC section:

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2087 | Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering IMG_2882

That's what mine currently says on my 2023 Premium. I believe this is what is shown after the most recent update (6.14.0).

hollisms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLRU
Country flag
Ford occasionally sends updates to your car to improve features or fix issues. An update that went out over the course of the past few months had a bug in the code that took out BlueCruise and Lane Centering features. The reason was related to the driver-facing camera (the one that watches your eyes to make sure you're paying attention).

Once they realized this was a problem, I think it's safe to say they stopped queuing up the bug.

In theory, as long as your car has connectivity, you'll just get normal updates like everyone else, but never get the bug, so you'll never need to take this in to be fixed.

If you go to your car's settings on the main display, then tap on Vehicle or General, I believe there is an About SYNC section:

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2087 | Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering IMG_2882

That's what mine currently says on my 2023 Premium. I believe this is what is shown after the most recent update (6.14.0).
mine says the same thing. Mine stopped working after the 6.14 update.

jayadelson

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
mine says the same thing. Mine stopped working after the 6.14 update.
Right, so that implies that you got the APIM update but not the CMR update. You can perform the CMR update at a dealer (or yourself with FDRS), or wait for an OTA fix, if it comes.

Zardoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GT
Right, so that implies that you got the APIM update but not the CMR update. You can perform the CMR update at a dealer (or yourself with FDRS), or wait for an OTA fix, if it comes.
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Sync version has anything to do with what updates the car has received (besides updates to Sync).
Sponsored