Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
If your lane centering and hands-free BlueCruise stopped working after the 6.13.0 OTA, there is now a software fix available at your dealer. The fix is also being deployed in the 24-PU0105-CMR-FX OTA. The software in the CMR needs to be updated to correct the failure. This only applies to 2022 and 2023 model years.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering After An OTA Update With DTCs U2018:51 Stored In The CMR And U0565:86 Stored In The IPMA
24-2062
06 March 2024​
Model:
Ford
2022-2023 Mustang Mach-E

Issue: Some 2022-2023 Mustang Mach-E vehicles which recently received a Ford Power-Up software update delivered OTA may exhibit an inoperative BlueCruise and lane centering with DTC U2018:51 stored in the CMR and U0565:86 stored in the IPMA. This may be due to the software level of the CMR. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the CMR using the latest software level of the FDRS.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2022-2023 Mustang Mach-E
• Inoperative BlueCruise and lane centering after an OTA update with DTC U2018:51 stored in the CMR and U0565:86 stored in the IPMA

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Special Service Part (SSP)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SSP/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2022-2023 Mustang Mach-E: Retrieve DTCs And Reprogram The CMR (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT242062​
Actual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:3G590
Condition Code:04

Service Procedure
1. Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery.
NOTE: To prevent the battery saver mode from activating on the vehicle, make sure the negative cable of the charger is installed on a chassis ground and not the 12-volt battery negative terminal. Do not have the vehicle plugged into the high voltage battery charger during programming. This can cause incorrect module programming. Make sure only the 12-volt battery charger is installed.
2. Reprogram the CMR using the latest software level of the FDRS scan tool.
Sponsored

Attachments

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why is Ford ignoring that this also happened to the Ford Lightning?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Why is Ford ignoring that this also happened to the Ford Lightning?
There is a thread about the Lightning fix OTA being available as of Feb 29. Not sure about an associated TSB.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
These developments deteriorate the little trust that people have in autonomous systems — goofy software that can crash us into a wall at 70 mph.

The more I learn the less I like.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
These developments deteriorate the little trust that people have in autonomous systems — goofy software that can crash us into a wall at 70 mph.

The more I learn the less I like.
and yet goofy drivers are much more likely to crash into things than the goofy software.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Finally. I am glad to hear. BC is a PAID subscription service. I can only hope that Ford will do right by the customers.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
and yet goofy drivers are much more likely to crash into things than the goofy software.
1. Only true if the system works well.
2. No one will ever admit they are goofy.
3. It would be their own doing vs Ford’s.

I’m all in on digitization. But I see nothing that inspires confidence here.

Sherrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE 22' (EAP)
Mine has failed 5 times OTA with mainfest errors, not pre-conditioning. Looks like it's a dreaded dealership visit in my future...

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. Only true if the system works well.
2. No one will ever admit they are goofy.
3. It would be their own doing vs Ford’s.

I’m all in on digitization. But I see nothing that inspires confidence here.
I do not even use cruise control. I just chose to be in control of my driving. I realize that is old fashioned but just what I prefer. In your case I would suggest not using BC if you do not trust it.

Todd44

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, MME Select, Red, RWD ordered 3/17/22
Occupation
Software Developer Manager
Country flag
Just got an update, went to the car, still not working, wrong update (24-pu0102-Svd-FX2)
Also received 2 others since my 2/20 outage of BC, Tesla update, and diagnostic update.
update that broke me, same as above but SVD-FX. Diag update : 24-PU0102-CHG-SUFX, oh well, at least it hasn’t been since December.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Better check my BC since I just received the Tesla SC OTA...

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 24-2062 - Inoperative BlueCruise And Lane Centering After An OTA Update, CMR DTCs TeslaOTA
Sponsored