Two dings when starting car

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi, I recently received 2.7.2 and now when I start the car and begin to back up, i get 2 dings. The tone actually kind of sounds like when ACC turns red and tells you to hold the wheel. However there doesn't appear to be any messages on the screen and I'm not sure what it's trying to tell me.

Any chance folks know what it means?
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Check your headlight switch, it may have gone from Auto to ON

OP
OP

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
nope i just chcked was still in auto. this time it dinged as soon as i started the car, last time i had already started backing up (i.e. 5-10 seconds after starting)

my seatbelt is on each time already (also kind of sounded like that ding)

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine has also been doing this. No idea what the ding sounds are for.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi, I recently received 2.7.2 and now when I start the car and begin to back up, i get 2 dings. The tone actually kind of sounds like when ACC turns red and tells you to hold the wheel. However there doesn't appear to be any messages on the screen and I'm not sure what it's trying to tell me.

Any chance folks know what it means?
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? Iā€™ll see how I can assist on my end. Thank you!

BasicSaber

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X, 2015 Mustang V6
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Been noticing the exact 2 tones as well, seconds after I start the car.

I noticed it last week and have heard it each time since.

Strange since I haven't had an update to the car since Feb 22 (the BlueCruise map one)

I told myself it was maybe because I wasn't putting on my seat belt in time, but even when I put seatbelt on and then turn on car, still does it.

šŸ¤”

BasicSaber

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
OP
OP

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i'm not even sure what that means, but i'm not using the built-in nav system (actually the thread you linked is unresolved and the OP there also said it wasn't auto lights, seat belt, or built in nav lol)

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Check to see if you have the feature ā€œCheck for Occupantsā€ in back seat turned on. If so, I experienced a chime when I turn off the car and get out too fast, before that feature can do itā€™s proper alerting function. Itā€™s like it remembers it forgot some chimes when I get back in and turn on the car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
i'm not even sure what that means, but i'm not using the built-in nav system (actually the thread you linked is unresolved and the OP there also said it wasn't auto lights, seat belt, or built in nav lol)
It doesn't care if you are using the built-in nav or not; it is trying to be "proactive". I had a similar thing long ago and I think I had to open the native nav app and find the setting which enables suggestions or some such description.

BasicSaber

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Right, I never use the Navigation either.

I posted the thread since I saw a few posters mention the Predictive Navigation (suggestions) along with hearing 2 tones, and after messing around with the settings had it resolved for myself.

In addition to that thread, there was something else: I remember only noticing the 2 tones when I leave at: 8:00am (to go to work) and 5:00pm (to go home). I had a day off last week, and went to get some lunch around 1:00pm. I realized that I did not hear the tones at all during this trip. I believe this meant that the car had no idea where I was gonna go since I don't go to that specific restaurant everyday.

Anyways, that ended up being the issue for me. If that is not the same issue you're experiencing, then I'm not sure what else it could be... ā˜¹
Sponsored