BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't know how old your Audis were but most luxury cars built in the past 3-ish years are loaded with comfort focused features like air suspension.

Even my Grand Cherokee has moved upmarket... it has heated + VENTILATED leather seats (not leatherette), 360 camera, digital rear view mirror, and various off road cameras. This is a low-trim GC too as the Overland, Summit, and Summit Reserves trim are decked out with real wood, height-adjustable air suspension, center + rear locking differentials, extra screens for the front + rear passenger etc. Modern cars are limos... the Mazda CX-90 is another case in point.
I had a very old MB S500, super cushy ride quality, felt like a cloud, but I’ll never do air suspension again. That broke like 4 times in the four years I had it, always very costly.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've had my car for two weeks, now. After months of dreaming and imagining what it would be like to own one, I'm now in one on a daily basis. I thought I'd post some thoughts and observations after two weeks. Here goes:
  • This car looks so good! Until now, I've never had a car that has generated so many (any?) positive comments. A female co-worker called it "sexy!" I hope didn't visibly blush! 😉
  • I've read a number of times in this forum about a bumpy/bouncy ride. Huh? Did you ride on a cloud before you bought an MME? This is the smoothest-riding car I've ever owned.
  • Public charging is not as scary as I thought it might be. Easy!
  • The seats are a little harder than I'm used to. I don't think I've ever seen that mentioned. I'm getting used to them, though.
  • iPod Classic definitely will not work with Sync 4. :(
  • I can clone my iPod onto a tiny little flash drive (recommended by @generaltso & @i8iridium - Thanks!), but I'm still looking for a good m3u playlist creator. The one I'm using is very labor-intensive. Recommendations?
  • 120V charging truly is slow, but it is a good bridge until I get my EVSE installed, as long as I make an occasional trip to a fast charger when the GOM gets too low.
  • Wondering how much the range will drop when it gets really cold. I can wait, though. Our Minnesota winter seemed especially long this year and I am happy to wait a long time to find out.
  • Every time I pass a gas station, I smile when I think about how much money I'm saving not buying gas.
  • I also smile when I think about all the CO2 I'm not dumping into the environment.
  • I was a little nervous at first about an impending road trip (only 250 miles or so) but after two weeks of getting comfortable with the car, those jitters are gone.
  • My wife was skeptical, but she quickly warmed to the MME. At first, it was a no-go on our road trip for the MME. Now she wants to take it!
  • ADDED: BlueCruise is an interesting thing - kind of cool, actually, but not very useful for the kind of driving I do. I'm looking forward to using it on the road trip, though. When it expires in 3 years, I won't be re-upping. Not at the asking price. If I can do a month here and a month there when I'm taking a road trip, I'm in!
  • Rapid Red is the best color! (IMO)
  • I will never buy another ICE vehicle.
  • I LOVE MY MME!
Thank you Arthur for sharing your feedback and observations. So happy to hear you love your Mach-E! :)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've owned over 20 vehicles, none of which could be considered luxury. I find the ride in the Mustang to be the best I've owned and I've never even driven a vehicle with a smoother ride.

After many >1000 mile road trips, I agree about the seats. I may end up adding some seat padding to them soon.
We're so happy to hear you enjoy the ride in the Mach-E! 🤩

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've had my car for two weeks, now. After months of dreaming and imagining what it would be like to own one, I'm now in one on a daily basis. I thought I'd post some thoughts and observations after two weeks. Here goes:
  • This car looks so good! Until now, I've never had a car that has generated so many (any?) positive comments. A female co-worker called it "sexy!" I hope didn't visibly blush! 😉
  • I've read a number of times in this forum about a bumpy/bouncy ride. Huh? Did you ride on a cloud before you bought an MME? This is the smoothest-riding car I've ever owned.
  • The seats are a little harder than I'm used to. I don't think I've ever seen that mentioned. I'm getting used to them, though.
  • I can clone my iPod onto a tiny little flash drive (recommended by @generaltso & @i8iridium - Thanks!), but I'm still looking for a good m3u playlist creator. The one I'm using is very labor-intensive. Recommendations?
  • 120V charging truly is slow, but it is a good bridge until I get my EVSE installed, as long as I make an occasional trip to a fast charger when the GOM gets too low.
  • Wondering how much the range will drop when it gets really cold. I can wait, though. Our Minnesota winter seemed especially long this year and I am happy to wait a long time to find out.
  • Every time I pass a gas station, I smile when I think about how much money I'm saving not buying gas.
  • I also smile when I think about all the CO2 I'm not dumping into the environment.
  • I was a little nervous at first about an impending road trip (only 250 miles or so) but after two weeks of getting comfortable with the car, those jitters are gone.
  • My wife was skeptical, but she quickly warmed to the MME. At first, it was a no-go on our road trip for the MME. Now she wants to take it!
  • ADDED: BlueCruise is an interesting thing - kind of cool, actually, but not very useful for the kind of driving I do. I'm looking forward to using it on the road trip, though. When it expires in 3 years, I won't be re-upping. Not at the asking price. If I can do a month here and a month there when I'm taking a road trip, I'm in!
  • I LOVE MY MME!
Congrats on your new purchase, I loved reading your list of comments. The only thing I can add is in the winter you can figure out your actual mileage being 40% less than what is stated after charging to 95%. You didn't mention what your battery size is but I have the extended battery with AWD and my charge to 95% in the winter will read 195 miles to empty of which I will only get 40% of that on actual drive miles. (a little over 110 miles) A lot of energy is spent on cabin heat, seat warmers, defrosting windows, and the fact that batteries do not like cold weather. A 95% charge in the winter will read out as 195 miles to empty and in the summer a 95% charge will read out as 290 miles to empty. Warm weather is everyone's friend, right? A cold battery just can't take as much juice as a warm one.

TMartz

First Name
TMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustant Mach E GT
Country flag
Previous vehicle was a Genesis GV80. I loved the car but was done with gas costs. My wife, after hearing of my plan to get an electric said that I would miss the Genesis and, indeed I do! That was a remarkable car and an incredible value for the luxury and amenities you got! With that said, the suspension on my GT is remarkably inferior to the Genesis! HOWEVER, my GT is a load of fun!

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
  • I LOVE MY MME!
I had to look twice to confirm this wasn’t my post one year ago. Exactly the same for me, including the color and (former) employment as a Minnesota educator.
Sponsored