Hoss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 22 Buick Enclave , 23 Hyundai Ioniq 6
Occupation
Clinical Pharmacist
Country flag
You don't have to sell me on the GT ;) this thing was (V8 rumble aside) so much more fun to take to the track school than my old mustang. Given what was on the market at the time I'm still quite happy.
I don't know what "track school" means, maybe, DE? I have extensively tracked (DE'd) a few different cars, from a Porsche 928S, a Boxster, a 996TT, to an E46 M3. The closest to my MME GTPE, would be the 996TT AWD, 500HP, 460 TQ, wt 3650lbs. I purchased the MME GTPE, with intentions of DEs. I just don't see it as a viable track car, with 5000lbs, and power reductions, I can see being embarrassed by a well driven Miata. When it comes to track use, weight is your absolute enemy, HP and TQ, a little help! Just the consumables, tires and brakes, will hurt. Plan on tire replacement after 2 weekends (if you are driving it well). AND you would need a DC charger, on track, to finish a single day.
Maybe, I will give it a go.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I don't know what "track school" means, maybe, DE? I have extensively tracked (DE'd) a few different cars, from a Porsche 928S, a Boxster, a 996TT, to an E46 M3. The closest to my MME GTPE, would be the 996TT AWD, 500HP, 460 TQ, wt 3650lbs. I purchased the MME GTPE, with intentions of DEs. I just don't see it as a viable track car, with 5000lbs, and power reductions, I can see being embarrassed by a well driven Miata. When it comes to track use, weight is your absolute enemy, HP and TQ, a little help! Just the consumables, tires and brakes, will hurt. Plan on tire replacement after 2 weekends (if you are driving it well). AND you would need a DC charger, on track, to finish a single day.
People have done it, and had fun!

But much like the power limit, the fun is short lived.

The chassis is quite capable, especially for a 5,000 lb vehicle. But you have to use unbridle extend, so there goes 130 of your horsepower. And because of the battery, you won’t get too many laps in.

I think it would be super fun on a short AutoX course and actually hold its own.

For example in this slalom test vs an ICE GT performance pack-

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I don’t know what DE, DE’d, or DEs are.

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
I think the acceleration on my Premium 4x is more than enough honestly. Seems like I’d be giving up the longer “hold” of power for slightly better acceleration
0-60 in 3.5ish seconds is crazy in traffic. You cannot rely on other drivers to respond sanely. My rule of thumb is that I can pull safely into traffic gaps with anything under 7sec 0-60. Also, 600+ ftlbs of torque can only do so much with 5000lbs of mass. If I could have had Magneride on the Premium, that would have been perfect.
Sponsored