Unexpected deep sleep, assuming 12V battery issue. What next?

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Got a notification last night that my car entered deep sleep mode. Didn’t think much of it until I got another one a few hours later saying the alarm had been triggered. That was a surprise so I went out to go check on it, only to find that it was entirely unresponsive. No welcome lighting, unlocking via fob or app doesn’t do anything, door buttons don’t work. I’m assuming this means my 12V battery died somehow. It has been hot around here lately, so maybe that has something to do with it?

I’m going to call the Ford roadside assistance to get it jumped but what next? Do I just let the car run for a few hours and that’ll recharge the battery and it’ll be good, or do I need to take it to the dealer to get the battery replaced?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think a visit to the dealer is appropriate. It is possible your LVB is bad but more likely there is a software glitch that isn't allowing the vehicle to maintain it properly. The dealer should be able to diagnose. There are some bulletins on this issue so that may help.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Are you using any sort of third party service connected to your Ford account?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Got a notification last night that my car entered deep sleep mode. Didn’t think much of it until I got another one a few hours later saying the alarm had been triggered. That was a surprise so I went out to go check on it, only to find that it was entirely unresponsive. No welcome lighting, unlocking via fob or app doesn’t do anything, door buttons don’t work. I’m assuming this means my 12V battery died somehow. It has been hot around here lately, so maybe that has something to do with it?

I’m going to call the Ford roadside assistance to get it jumped but what next? Do I just let the car run for a few hours and that’ll recharge the battery and it’ll be good, or do I need to take it to the dealer to get the battery replaced?
use the front bumper access port to energize and pop the Frunk
pull the rear and drivers side covers to expose LVB connection points
jumper to a running vehicle for an hour, or battery charger for 3-4 hours, OR
have vehicle (properly) towed to Ford Dealership

get to the nearest Dealer so they can charge the 12v and pull codes to see why 12v wasn't maintained... a dead 12v battery is usually just a symptom of a more serious problem with the dc-dc or HVBJB failing to maintain the 12v battery

OP
OP

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
was
Are you using any sort of third party service connected to your Ford account?
I have Apple Maps linked for the EV routing but I’m not sure if that counts? It hasn’t ever been a problem in the past couple of months.

OP
OP

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
use the front bumper access port to energize and pop the Frunk
pull the rear and drivers side covers to expose LVB connection points
jumper to a running vehicle for an hour, or battery charger for 3-4 hours, OR
have vehicle (properly) towed to Ford Dealership

get to the nearest Dealer so they can charge the 12v and pull codes to see why 12v wasn't maintained... a dead 12v battery is usually just a symptom of a more serious problem with the dc-dc or HVBJB failing to maintain the 12v battery
Ahhh that’s what I was afraid of. Well, maybe this gets me the beefier HVBJB…

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hello! Can you please send us a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info? I would like to see how I can assist with your battery concern.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
was

I have Apple Maps linked for the EV routing but I’m not sure if that counts? It hasn’t ever been a problem in the past couple of months.
No, Apple Maps EV routing only communicates via Bluetooth while the car is on and your phone is connected. When the car is off nothing happens so that's not it.

Culprits would be apps like Optiwatt and Recurrent.

This article would apply to you if you want to skip the dealer: How to Recondition/Service Your 12V Battery
Sponsored