First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD MACH E 2023
Occupation
Partner Stakeholder Engagement
We love our 2023 MachE - Got it in Dec 2023 and driving it is simply wonderful. However, we've noticed that every time we get an update things go a little haywire. The first time, we noticed the trunk that would lift automatically when opened - no longer did that, now you need to press the button twice! The next update did something crazy with the side view mirrors - they wouldn't fold. After reading the machE forum, we went in and re-adjusted the settings. Annoying, but just small things that can be fixed.

The worst was the update on Friday, March 8. The car was plugged in to charge overnight and to our shock Saturday morning the car did not charge as it normally does. Of course, the first thought was perhaps because of the update, the "charging was paused" - the error message on Fordpass. Didn't think too much of it... went about the errands and put it to charge - that's, when we realized the car, was not accepting the charge!! What good is a car with no juice? We panicked big time but could do nothing because the dealership service center was closing - the forums did not have any solutions. We tried the trickle charger and that would not work either. We did a factory reset and had to re-do all the settings only ending up draining the charge further. To make matters worse, we could not add the home charger to the app. Our Ford Pass app kept saying "Busy try later". during the entire weekend. While there were no news articles of an outage, the website "isitdownrightnow" indicated the Ford Pass app was down for everyone.

On Monday, we took it to the dealership and had the technician look into it. The charges at the dealership worked fine. The audacity of the technician insisting the issue was because we had a faulty charger or had to do our electricity!! BUT THE REAL ISSUE - was the updates had not been completed fully - No idea of knowing that, because the Fordpass App said "Update Complete Successfully"! It took a while for them to conduct all the updates so that they were truly successful. Drove the car home and bingo the chargers worked fine. Perhaps, the app should have a built-in error system to indicate the update was partly successful. A little ownership and transparency of the updates going wrong will be truly appreciated rather than covering the issues with BS.
Sponsored

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
The most recent update has been causing issues for quite a few people. Evidently it requires a high state of charge on the 12 volt auxillary AGM battery to run. I needed to charge the main battery to 99% before it could successfully complete.

The very uninformative error messages didn't help the situation 🥺.

Machinator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach -e sekect
Country flag
After this recent update I got a message “charger paused” and “you must charge at a charge station”. So I am charging at electrify America and that is working fine. But I hope I can use my home unit, it’s the 220 volt unit that came with the Mach-e. I fiddled with the car, app and charger to no avail, finally gave up.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Gremlins.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The most recent update has been causing issues for quite a few people. Evidently it requires a high state of charge on the 12 volt auxillary AGM battery to run. I needed to charge the main battery to 99% before it could successfully complete.

The very uninformative error messages didn't help the situation 🥺.
I have an update that has been ready to install for weeks but every time I try it either drains the 12v or i get ''update failed to install because other process''. This is the only update that has done this and I got one the day before this one showed up.

OP
OP

joand

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD MACH E 2023
Occupation
Partner Stakeholder Engagement
Try this.

This is great. Thank you. I will try this for all future updates. However, my issue with Ford is that if the update is unsuccessful, it should indicate that... in my case, it said the update was successful - no idea knowing it only did a part update.

Machinator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach -e sekect
Country flag
I posted on this thread that my vehicle would not charge on my home charger. I noticed that the charger had a yellow light where it is normally blue. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, blue light is back, everything works. Who would’ve thought it was so simple.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford needs to talk to Tesla smh

PA27

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The 12v seems a lingering Ford bad design issue. My 2012 CMAX Hybrid was an awesome car except, low priority 12v charging. Repeated short drives in it caused similar issue as the car would not start the engine just to charge the 12v. Yes, work arounds available just like above but why? Hybrid and this EV require a charged 12v to perform many functions, why do I have to maintain it separately or trick it?
Sponsored