SharpGT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
!974 Bronco, 2015 F150, and 2019 Tesla Model 3 Stealth
Country flag
Nice part is that the handle really isn't meant to be the way you open it regularly, just for people who prefer it. There's a big 'handle' grip area inside the door, so when it pops you just grab the side of the door and pull it open, same as in the back.
I bet the aftermarket will come up with a door handle delete kit soon after it's released.
Sponsored

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I bet the aftermarket will come up with a door handle delete kit soon after it's released.
I really hope Ford realizes how bad that little door handle is and removes it from the production model. I would much rather there be no exterior handle just like the rear doors.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I really hope Ford realizes how bad that little door handle is and removes it from the production model. I would much rather there be no exterior handle just like the rear doors.
I kind of agree. Apparently that’s how they had it originally but a focus group didn’t like it without a handle

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I kind of agree. Apparently that’s how they had it originally but a focus group didn’t like it without a handle
And how many members of the focus groups intended to even purchase the vehicle? Focus groups can produce good info for some things and other times you get all sorts of stupid stuff added due to focus groups, I class the handle as the latter :(

If your going to the effort of having to add an handle I would rather they revert to having a real handle and make it flush like of an aston or jag f-type. Otherwise it is was completely pointless of going to the expense and complexity of a true handle less design and then go and add one anyway especially one that looks so bad aesthetically. Ford should seriously consider adding a handle delete option.

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
And how many members of the focus groups intended to even purchase the vehicle? Focus groups can produce good info for some things and other times you get all sorts of stupid stuff added due to focus groups, I class the handle as the latter :(

If your going to the effort of having to add an handle I would rather they revert to having a real handle and make it flush like of an aston or jag f-type. Otherwise it is was completely pointless of going to the expense and complexity of a true handle less design and then go and add one anyway especially one that looks so bad aesthetically. Ford should seriously consider adding a handle delete option.
I completely agree. Ford are you listening?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The other problem I have with the handle is that appears to be placed in the perfect location that I know will end up jabbing me in the ribs as I brush past it :( while also looking to be the perfect hook for grabbing loose bag straps you may have over your shoulder.

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
The other problem I have with the handle is that appears to be placed in the perfect location that I know will end up jabbing me in the ribs as I brush past it :( while also looking to be the perfect hook for grabbing loose bag straps you may have over your shoulder.
I'm hoping you can unscrew it. Some might even cut and file the piece right off. It would be nice to remove it though.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm hoping you can unscrew it. Some might even cut and file the piece right off. It would be nice to remove it though.
The handle looks excatly like what it is a tacky bodged on after thought :(, so I assume if you took the door card (panel) off you would see how it was added and hopefully how to remove it :)

JolleyRoger

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ecoboost
Occupation
Info Security
Country flag
Can't they make the dash screen bigger and stick out more? :oops: What is with this trend?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Integrating the screen into the dash messes with both the cost and form of the instrument panel (IP)/dashboard. By having a floating screen, automakers have more freedom with the IP and separate the hardware requirements and limitations that come from an integrated screen embedded in the dash.

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S550
Country flag
The handle looks excatly like what it is a tacky bodged on after thought :(, so I assume if you took the door card (panel) off you would see how it was added and hopefully how to remove it :)
The handle is held on by one visible screw and most likely another similar screw behind the door card. You’ll need a matching piece of black trim to replace it, but definitely doable. Some say the handle will be removed for J1 (from a Ford source but not sure I trust it).

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
Nice. That's good to know.