Updates to Ford Navigation maps?

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
On a trip up to Boston this weekend it was clear that Ford Navigation maps were not up to date. It did not have the new 91N/84E exit on the left (which changed a couple months ago) and it didn't reflect the exit number changes in MA. Is there something we need to do in order to get map updates?
Sponsored

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Map updates will roll out automatically, either as part of an OTA, or separately (they are typically many GB, so they may uncouple them from the other OTA updates). If you find errors, report them to the map data provider, Here:
https://mapfeedback.here.com

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
On a trip up to Boston this weekend it was clear that Ford Navigation maps were not up to date. It did not have the new 91N/84E exit on the left (which changed a couple months ago) and it didn't reflect the exit number changes in MA. Is there something we need to do in order to get map updates?
I don't know if Ford has mentioned yet how often they'll update maps, but most car manufacturers don't update them more often than once per year. This is where the smartphone companies shine, as Apple Maps/Google Maps/Waze, etc. are all updated much, much more frequently.

OP
OP

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
They seem to be using road names that havenā€™t been used around here in several years! I am planning on using ABRP along with Google Maps for my first road trip.
With my current "configuration" it's just been easier to use Ford Navigation. I have a Google Pixel that is too old for wireless charging. When I first got the car I plugged in the phone, used Android Auto (Waze) via Bluetooth and kept Ford voice commands on. That was a bad combination. I was some unfamiliar place and the car thought I said "ok Ford." Then it wouldn't return to Ford Navigation and I couldn't get Android Auto to work. Very frustrating - as I pulled off the highway who knows where.

Anyhow, the quirky behavior died down when I turned off Android Auto and turned off the Ford voice commands. I plug the phone in and use it for Spotify and use Ford Navigation instead of Waze. I liked Android Auto - but don't' think I'll try it again until I eventually get a new phone.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I experienced another Ford Nav quirk this evening. Gave it my destination via voice command without a hitch. Then on the way it advised me to exit the road I was on and then make a left turn to get back on the same road? Just didnā€™t make sense! Still wound up where I needed to be but with two extra turns!!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My Sync3 required WiFi to download updates. Sync4A night require the same?
Sponsored