Upgrading after taking delivery.

EHall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select
Country flag
I apologize if this has been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it...
Call it buyer's regret, but there are a few things included in more expensive trims that I would love to have installed on my Mach-E Select model... I would love to talk with a Ford software tech who could tell me if there is any way to add a front camera to the software, I would also love to be able to save seat settings, but I'm pretty sure i don't have the hardware to do that. (seat switch)
There are a few other things, mostly from the tech/comfort package, but when I call support, they have no answers. (I expect it's because it's all too new)
Does anyone reading this know if there is someone with this knowledge that I can talk to about possible after-delivery upgrades.
Thanks!!
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Theoretically it IS possible. On previous Ford models you could add hardware, then use a program called Forscan (yes. I know literally the worst name) to enable it in software.

For example my 2016 F-150 did not come equipped with active park assist. But it did have all the wiring in place. So I added the sensors myself and used Forscan to turn the feature on.

That being said. The mach e is so new that Forscan doesn't do much as of yet. I'm assuming the same process will work in the future, but a lot of the Mach E architecture has yet to be discovered

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Theoretically it IS possible. On previous Ford models you could add hardware, then use a program called Forscan (yes. I know literally the worst name) to enable it in software.

For example my 2016 F-150 did not come equipped with active park assist. But it did have all the wiring in place. So I added the sensors myself and used Forscan to turn the feature on.

That being said. The mach e is so new that Forscan doesn't do much as of yet. I'm assuming the same process will work in the future, but a lot of the Mach E architecture has yet to be discovered
The biggest unknown with the MME so far is that there is a chance that Ford could push the correct asbuilt data with OTA's or anytime it sees a discrepancy.

Only time will tell with that. Hopefully the forscan team will start identifying what each of the fields does for this car.

OP
OP

EHall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select
Country flag
benk016 and mpshizzle, Thank you both so much for your quick responses. So, I'll just try and be patient and hope these things can be done in the near future...

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Seat settings are saved to your profile after you set it up.

OP
OP

EHall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select
Country flag
Seat settings are saved to your profile after you set it up.
Even if I have the Select model? So if someone else drives and changes the settings, how do I get my settings back?

Thanks for your response

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Even if I have the Select model? So if someone else drives and changes the settings, how do I get my settings back?

Thanks for your response
i believe seat settings need com/appear or com/tech package....does not come standard on the Select model

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It's actually called FORScan, as in "Ford Scan".

There is no way I'd touch an EV with FORScan. I did modify my 2013 F-150 to add remote start, hill descent switch (was already turned on it turned out), DRLs, and longer blinker.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
It's actually called FORScan, as in "Ford Scan".
I mean... Yes.. you're not wrong. It's meant to be FOR as in Ford.

But hear me out ... The first time I had heard of it was in a YouTube video with a very fast talking guy....it took me a solid 30 seconds to realize the guy was talking about a computer program and not male genitalia

I just really hope that the creators of FORScan aren't native English speakers and didn't do that on purpose ??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I mean... Yes.. you're not wrong. It's meant to be FOR as in Ford.

But hear me out ... The first time I had heard of it was in a YouTube video with a very fast talking guy....it took me a solid 30 seconds to realize the guy was talking about a computer program and not male genitalia

I just really hope that the creators of FORScan aren't native English speakers and didn't do that on purpose ??
They're Russians.

SmileyDude

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD, 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I am also interestested in this as well. I miss a few things, especially not having it remember mine and my wife's seat positioning every time we get in. That feels like something Ford could even offer as a software only upgrade and I probably wouldn't grumble about it too much as I paid for it :)
Sponsored