VERY Dangerous behaviour of the Adaptive cruise control

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Had a similar experience yesterday in stop & go when a motorcycle pulled part of the way into my lane just as the truck ahead sped up. My car accelerated quickly and was close to rear ending the MC before I broke. I assume the radar beam was too focused on the truck to see the MC. These systems are obviously not infallible.
Sponsored

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Had a similar experience yesterday in stop & go when a motorcycle pulled part of the way into my lane just as the truck ahead sped up. My car accelerated quickly and was close to rear ending the MC before I broke. I assume the radar beam was too focused on the truck to see the MC. These systems are obviously not infallible.
That's always a limitation - when a car/motorcycle is only partially in the lane or hasn't finished merging since the car doesn't recognize the object yet. If someone can test it, I'd be curious to know if the car's crash avoidance will eventually swerve or brake. Though in your scenario it sounds like it'd be the motorcycle's fault for not merging/changing lanes properly.

OP
OP
Lucky luke

Lucky luke

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That's always a limitation - when a car/motorcycle is only partially in the lane or hasn't finished merging since the car doesn't recognize the object yet. If someone can test it, I'd be curious to know if the car's crash avoidance will eventually swerve or brake. Though in your scenario it sounds like it'd be the motorcycle's fault for not merging/changing lanes properly.
I can understand all arguments of above replies, but there was no lane changing from me or the car before me, no curves, no motorcycles, really nothing different then the minutes before. That's what makes me worried. If I could find any reason, it could give some trust.
Sponsored