Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
I was driving on Central Expressway, where the speed limit was 45mph on IACC, and the car decided to go for a joy ride accelerating to 80mph before I turned it off.

IACC speed limit seems to be affected by bugs, perhaps in maps, or in software. I noticed it often shows 55mph in certain places of 101, where the speed limit is 65mh, but this is the first time it went the other way around.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control can be scary 1678477428846
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I don't allow it to adjust speed based on the speed limit for exactly this reason. There are too many edge cases that weren't considered by the developers. No vehicle is ready for "intelligent" driving, IMO.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
I don't allow it to adjust speed based on the speed limit for exactly this reason. There are too many edge cases that weren't considered by the developers. No vehicle is ready for "intelligent" driving, IMO.
It was one of the first features I disabled, even before using it.

I had a situation a few weeks ago - in a school zone - where the speed limit sign said 20 MPH, but the vehicle read it as 80 MPH.

The camera was clean, and it was a rare, clear day in the Chicago area. If the sign was 30MPH, I could possibly see how 3 = 8, but not 2 = 8.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control can be scary {filename}

I've not had it read signs incorrectly that often (probably a handful,) but so many conditions have to be right for it to work 100% that it's too risky IMHO to rely on.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Dumb stuff like this is on by default, where as the alarms motion sensors? Hell, ask me, everytime..

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
What I've seen with the speed limit sign reading is 1. It sees signs on parallel roads and tries to make unexpected speed changes and 2. It ignores all black on yellow speed limit signs. It definitely needs adult supervision, but overall I find it handy.
Sponsored