Wait time for a replacement 12v battery?

Candymancer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium XR AWD
My MME ('21, XR, AWD) bricked on Jun 8th and was towed on a flatbed to the nearest Ford dealer on Jun 9th. On the 10th, the dealership called to let me know they needed to replace the 12v battery, but that it was back ordered and they didn't know when one would be available. It's now the 26th (over 2 weeks later) and there's still no ETA on a battery, and the rental that Ford got me was only authorized for 10 days.

Has anyone else had to wait this long for a 12v battery replacement? I'm also worried that replacing the 12v won't be the only thing necessary, since the symptoms I experienced (stuck in Full Accessory Mode, can't shift out of park) indicate that this could require a HVBJB replacement. Any tips for getting this escalated w/ Ford or getting a better arrangement for a rental/loaner?

Notes on the bricking: I haven't DC fast charged since November (I have a ChargePoint installed at home and use that to charge to 80%) and was driving under 30mph on a residential street when I got the warning.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Availability has been an issue, several weeks seems to be the median time. You should open a case with @Ford Motor Company if you haven't yet.

Still looks like you can buy one on RockAuto.com.

I'm of the opinion that most of those batteries can be saved if only the dealer bothered recharging it (they're too lazy and just want to replace everything). Ask them to put it on a battery charger overnight and test it again. They also should have been able to jump the car off another battery long enough to read the codes and diagnose the fault causing the SSN so parts are sent. Your dealer is just sort of neglecting to work on your car in a timely fashion, hopefully the Ford rep can help get things moving again. You will probably have to wait longer for parts once they get around to diagnosing it. Hopefully they've given you a loner or rental car to use. After 30 days you may be able to defer your car payment and begin with lemon law proceedings if you choose.

OP
OP
Candymancer

Candymancer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium XR AWD
Still looks like you can buy one on RockAuto.com.
I wonder if the dealer would be willing to install one if I bought it from there. I'd much rather eat the $150 (or better yet, be reimbursed) than continue to be w/o my car (and have to buy gas for the rental).

Ask them to put it on a battery charger overnight and test it again. They also should have been able to jump the car off another battery long enough to read the codes and diagnose the fault causing the SSN so parts are sent.
They were able to start the car and read the codes - that's what telling them to replace the 12v battery.

Hopefully they've given you a loner or rental car to use.
I have a rental, but it's only authorized for 10 days, and I had to ask for that - wasn't offered until I brought it up after a week of no updates. If there's no update on the battery before I'm supposed to return the rental, I'm going to be pretty forceful that they need to continue to provide the rental to me.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think spares for the MME are in "very" short supply or are non existent. I have an issue with my rear left side light cluster and my dealer (UK) has ordered one but apparently there isn't a replacement ANYWHERE. Consequently my car is "technically" illegal and not fit for purpose. Have no idea how long I will have to wait for this. If anyone knows of one. please let me know. He hasn't even got a stock/demo car that he can rob the cluster from.
Sponsored