McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I tried to search but didn’t find anything. My walk away lock and welcome lights haven’t been working for the last 2 weeks. I guess I’ve been lucky because they’ve worked pretty consistently since I got the car. Now neither has worked at all in the last 2 weeks. Any advice other than taking it in?
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I tried to search but didn’t find anything. My walk away lock and welcome lights haven’t been working for the last 2 weeks. I guess I’ve been lucky because they’ve worked pretty consistently since I got the car. Now neither has worked at all in the last 2 weeks. Any advice other than taking it in?
Double check that it is not disabled. Settings -> Vehicle -> Walk Away Lock from the main screen.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I would try to toggle it off and then back on again in the display. I would also make sure there is not a key (or PAAK) sitting in the car since that would also prevent it from locking as you walk away.

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I would try to toggle it off and then back on again in the display. I would also make sure there is not a key (or PAAK) sitting in the car since that would also prevent it from locking as you walk away.
I tried to turn it off then back on. I do have a key in foil in the car. That’s a thought. Maybe I didn’t reward it well enough when I used it about 3 weeks ago. Thanks!!! Let’s see if that’s it.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
check your phone. maybe bluetooth is off or restart fordpass or phone

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
The key was exactly the issue! It sounds dumb but thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy! First world problems.

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
I am annoyed by the walk away lock because it only works for me using PAAK like 80% of the time. So I always have to wait and watch to make sure it locks or use the app to force it to lock.

Reactions: x19

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Any chance you have a fob in the car in a faraday bag? Mine started doing that and I discovered the cheap arsed bags were only good for a few months. I switched to a small metal box. Foil works as well. All back to normal for me now.

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Any chance you have a fob in the car in a faraday bag? Mine started doing that and I discovered the cheap arsed bags were only good for a few months. I switched to a small metal box. Foil works as well. All back to normal for me now.
That’s exactly what it was. I use foil and had reused the same piece a few times. I think it just wasn’t working as well. Thanks!

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I tried to turn it off then back on. I do have a key in foil in the car. That’s a thought. Maybe I didn’t reward it well enough when I used it about 3 weeks ago. Thanks!!! Let’s see if that’s it.
So, if the foil wrapping didn't work on a key fob, I'm guessing tin foil hats don't work either; debunked! 😂

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
So, if the foil wrapping didn't work on a key fob, I'm guessing tin foil hats don't work either; debunked! 😂
Lol. It’s worked for months but I have removed the key and reused the foil at least twice in that time. I don’t know if I missed a corner or something or if the foil doesn’t lock the signal or whatever after it’s been crinkled up and reused over months. I’ll just stop being cheap and use a new piece of foil for the rare occasions I need to use the key.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2006 Mustang GT, 2018 Buick Regal GS
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
So you guys are leaving a fob, in foil, in your car at all times?

Can I get your address please? :cool:

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
So you guys are leaving a fob, in foil, in your car at all times?

Can I get your address please? :cool:
I did it because I had a service appointment then about 3 weeks later I had a flat tire. I also worry if PAAK doesn’t work. Car is locked and key is hidden.