Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠

I just heard back from Lectron. They stated that there was an "early version" of the adapter that has this issue but the ones shipping now do not have that problem. If yours has the problem, contact Lectron to have it replaced.

I'm guessing that some of the prototypes or test adapters sent to some influencers had this issue. Hopefully it wasn't all of them that they sent out. In any case, test it out and try to get it replaced if you think yours has this fault.

⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠
Thanks Patrick.
Wow, this shows the effect of bad marketing. Look at this sequence of events:

- They ship a bad product to Branden Flasch
- He tests it and sees the flaw
- He does the same with A2Z, and it shows superior
- He works with A2Z on a discount code for their partnership
- He does the video and publicly recommends A2Z

The video is 1 day old with 3.4K views. Additonally, people here reported cancelling Lectron and ordering A2Z. Imagine how much revenue Lectron lost today...
Sponsored

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Thanks Patrick.

The video is 1 day old with 3.4K views. Additonally, people here reported cancelling Lectron and ordering A2Z. Imagine how much revenue Lectron lost today...
Being cynical here, but that's if we're taking Lectron's word that it is indeed a logistics issue. Those happen more often than one might think, but I'm hoping it really is a mistake rather than a cover-up.

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
Thanks Patrick.

Ya, this is a huge miss for Lectron, and from what I gather, not their first. I've heard of issues with their L1/L2 charging adapters as well as with their NEMA 14-50 outlets. I personally would avoid anything from Lectron. My safety and the safety of my most valuable assets is not worth risking on a company that has such a poor track record.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
One thing doesn't excuse the other. I'm pretty sure Ford is the only one not showing charging details. P&C is great and Ford was the first one doing it (after Tesla, I think). But that was back in 2021. And NOTHING to show for since. As I said, they don't take software seriously.
Your argument is self contradictory - they're the first to offer P&C but they don't take software seriously? Seriously?

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Your argument is self contradictory - they're the first to offer P&C but they don't take software seriously? Seriously?
Even a broken clock...

What they did right, they did a while back, that was my point. It's pretty clear they reduced the EV investments by a lot (and they confirmed that to the market). But you can believe whatever you want, while you open your FordPass app to find out your charging speed, with whatever delay that must have 😉...

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Seriously. If you succeed at one thing and fail at five due to incompetence/indifference, then you are incompetent/indifferent to that thing.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
Man this thread staying on topic is rough, start another one for that stuff.
I tested the adapter and it seems I got an early one, lectron got right back to me within an hour and sent a label to send back for a replacement.
To me it seems like the catch was machined backwards as I had to push on the lever to put the charger in but not pull it out.
I am glad they got it taken care of, and will swap it no questions asked. They say I should have a new one by next week.

Last edited:

redgrandam

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select
Country flag
Thanks Patrick.

Maybe they will change their approach, but I think the solution is a bit of a miss. I would bet the majority of the people with this issue don’t even know about it. They may never do a pull test or may not understand the issue.

Lectron should be recalling the affected ‘early production’ units and automatically replacing them. At the very least everyone should be notified by email on how to check for the defect and how to get the replacement.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Anyway about the adapter, I just received mine. And I haven’t tried it in a charger yet but here is a look at the locking tab.
It seems like the retaining spring is strong and the handle is overall very hefty and feels well built other than this reported issue.
I will update once I go up to the supercharger to test.

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg
It's hard to tell, but the front profile of that pin looks rounded, which is a problem. The front side needs to be pretty sharp and flat to have a retention compatible with the "trailing arm" geometry of the latch mechanism used. No vertical forces can be generated when you try to pull the cable out.

I've made a crude diagram to try to illustrate what I perceive to be the problem and the solution:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Warning - Safety Defect Found with Lectron NACS Adapter Lectron Pin Profile

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
This rounded shape @Mach-Lee made is basically what I feel with my pinky finger as well. They didn't quite get the profile right and the ramp seems to be reversed so that it is easier to remove than to engage the lock.
Boxed up and sent back, they handled it fast for returns I will post when the replacement arrives.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My lectron is on the way should be here tomorrow. I won't be using the adapter that much, so I plan to just not pull on the adapter whilst charging.
Usually the sense/ground pins are longer on modern plugs so the chances of arc flash are minimal anyway.
I recommend you test it before you need it to work.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And yet they are still way behind on fulfilling existing orders.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Thanks Patrick.

We've reviewed other Lectron products in the past and had high hopes for their NACS adapter.

A2Z has a good reputation in the Tesla community and I have been really impressed with their NACS adapter and willingness to answer questions. I've spoken to their CEO a few times to get some clarification about their adapter. They also offered to give us discount code to share with our viewers and anyone here. We didn't have to ask for it or anything. It was also quite a large discount for a new and high demand product (they have scaled back the discount recently).

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Even a broken clock...

What they did right, they did a while back, that was my point. It's pretty clear they reduced the EV investments by a lot (and they confirmed that to the market). But you can believe whatever you want, while you open your FordPass app to find out your charging speed, with whatever delay that must have 😉...
Humor me....you'd rather have charging rate displayed on the dash than plug in charge?
Sponsored