SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Seriously. If you succeed at one thing and fail at five due to incompetence/indifference, then you are incompetent/indifferent to that thing.
That's quite a strawman. There's folks gushing over Rivian adding charger ratings to their navigation- how long has Ford had that?

Do I think it was a bad idea to leave it out (yes I think they did it on purpose)? Yes, of course. On the other hand, this site is full of drama queens.
Sponsored

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Humor me....you'd rather have charging rate displayed on the dash than plug in charge?
What are you talking about? What kind of logic is this? Do I prefer continued enhancements as promised, or do I prefer a car experience like 1997?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
What are you talking about? What kind of logic is this? Do I prefer continued enhancements as promised, or do I prefer a car experience like 1997?
Pretty simple - you're throwing a temper tantrum and jumping to conclusions over the kW not being displayed on the dash while ignoring some pretty neat tech they have invested in. Last I checked, Hyundai/Kia doesn't even have useful route planning.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Pretty simple - you're throwing a temper tantrum and jumping to conclusions over the kW not being displayed on the dash while ignoring some pretty neat tech they have invested in. Last I checked, Hyundai/Kia doesn't even have useful route planning.
I'm throwing a tantrum, you are right about that. Maybe I'm biased because I am 6 months without OTA updates. Maybe because BC 1.3/1.4 is 8 months late and counting. And maybe you became a fan boy ignoring the many shortcomings of Ford.
I guess we understand each other pretty well. šŸ˜Š

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Rich is the irony in the "ensure you receive a top-notch product" part of their email.
Well to be fair, it's the notch on the bottom of the Tesla plug that might slip loose and light up the local skyline.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
To me it seems like the catch was machined backwards as I had to push on the lever to put the charger in but not pull it out.
This rounded shape @Mach-Lee made is basically what I feel with my pinky finger as well. They didn't quite get the profile right and the ramp seems to be reversed so that it is easier to remove than to engage the lock.
This reads like the part could be installed backwards at the factory which strikes me as a serious design flaw. There should be no way to install the latch backwards. I'm a full time PT and part time trombonist, but engineering runs strong in the family and I can just about hear my late father's eyes rolling over a manufacturing design flaw like a safety latch that could be installed backwards without a sledge hammer and a chisel.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ā€™ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
its not installed backwards just the profile of the latch inside is reversed when they designed it. Its hard to tell from my previous pics but the lock is more of a bump than a shark fin shape. Almost like they made a few extra passes when machining and took off the other side of the latch.
My defective unit should reach them Friday and they claim I will have a new one within a week. I will post how the replacement works out.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I'm throwing a tantrum, you are right about that. Maybe I'm biased because I am 6 months without OTA updates. Maybe because BC 1.3/1.4 is 8 months late and counting. And maybe you became a fan boy ignoring the many shortcomings of Ford.
I guess we understand each other pretty well. šŸ˜Š
Maybe if youā€™re complaining about things being late, you shouldnā€™t use Tesla as an example of someone who is better.

If you think waiting a few extra months is bad, ask the people who put $50k deposits down on a Tesla roadster in 2017ā€¦ā€¦.
Yes, delays are bad and frustrating, but the competition is worse, not better.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Maybe if youā€™re complaining about things being late, you shouldnā€™t use Tesla as an example of someone who is better.

If you think waiting a few extra months is bad, ask the people who put $50k deposits down on a Tesla roadster in 2017ā€¦ā€¦.
Tesla? Is this what this is about?
This whole thing started with a comparison between Ford and Rivian... And no, Rivian is not worst. They are much better when it comes to software.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag

Yeah, but they're going to put cold gas thrusters on the roadster to make it faster off the line :facepalm:

When I heard that the first picture that came to mind was a redneck in the back of a truck turning on a CO2 tank for b00000st

Gemini almost gets it
Ford Mustang Mach-E Warning - Safety Defect Found with Lectron NACS Adapter 1713387736422-8k

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla? Is this what this is about?
This whole thing started with a comparison between Ford and Rivian... And no, Rivian is not worst. They are much better when it comes to software.
In the midst of your other complaints, you referenced who made the adapterā€¦.. so yeah, you brought them up.

But Rivian isnā€™t exactly great either.

Their updates may come faster, but speed also resulted in updates BRICKING their cars.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/11/14/a-software-update-bricked-rivian-infotainment-systems/amp/

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That was a joke to emphasize "not made by Ford". šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Cool. Any response to Rivian bricking cars?

Ford isnā€™t great with their software and delays/bugs. Iā€™m just not convinced that other companies are doing much better.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Cool. Any response to Rivian bricking cars?

Ford isnā€™t great with their software and delays/bugs. Iā€™m just not convinced that other companies are doing much better.
I agree. In fact, my 2023 Jeep has yet to receive a single OTA, even though they say they will send them. And there are serious complaints about the software in the truck. I am very happy with the purchase, but my MME is in much better shape from a software quality and OTA process perspective.
Sponsored