Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
We need something that isn't the horn to gently remove pedestrians from our path. In a noisy place the whirring noise is sometimes not enough.

I tried revving the engine..... I'll be out on bail by Wednesday.

Anyone up for installing a Bermuda Bell? Fairly common back in the 30's.

This is an old Jaguar, btw. My '53 120 has the same horn/turn indicator appendage on the wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Show us a noise maker you'd install.

Mine:

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have yet to hear the pedestrian warning noise--it's clearly not as loud as the back-up beeping. I suppose I need to have my wife drive by while I'm outside.

I live in a neighborhood with no sidewalks and narrow streets so pedestrians and vehicles have no choice but to mix. I have yet to see someone walking turn around as if they've heard the whirring and wondered what it was.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have yet to hear the pedestrian warning noise--it's clearly not as loud as the back-up beeping. I suppose I need to have my wife drive by while I'm outside.

I live in a neighborhood with no sidewalks and narrow streets so pedestrians and vehicles have no choice but to mix. I have yet to see someone walking turn around as if they've heard the whirring and wondered what it was.
you've absolutely heard it. it sounds like a loud fan and it changes pitch as you speed up until about 15 mph. when you come to a stop do you ever hear a pitch down get louder as you come to a stop? that's it.

As for a second horn. Use the speaker thats already there ford. please use it and not the horn for everything.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm a cyclist so what better second sound than the tour de france team car horn. I've actually planned to do this on other cars, so I might do it for this.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm a cyclist so what better second sound than the tour de france team car horn. I've actually planned to do this on other cars, so I might do it for this.
Ok, I'd go for that one. If it wasn't for the TDF, I'd never watch NBCSN (and apparently I'm not alone).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess I am in the minority, but rather than a horn I'd prefer phasers - they're effective for other cars and pedestrians!

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Hilarious. My first gen Chevy volt had a pedestrian “chirp” horn, in addition to the regular horn. That was VERY useful. I used it all the time.
Sponsored