James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I am one who really hates the sound of a car horn unless it’s to alert of eminent danger.
The MME sounds the horn when the door is closed while the car is running. I understand the reasoning but when I get out of the car to move something out of the way at 3 A.M. I don’t want to leave the door open and I really don’t want my whole neighborhood knowing I’m home.
Cutting to the chase, is there a way to stop the sounding of the horn in this situation. Wouldn't a chime do the same thing.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That is not just an MME thing. All Ford's do that. Some beeps can be turned off with FORScan.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, that's one of the things that can be turned off with FORScan.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I am one who really hates the sound of a car horn unless it’s to alert of eminent danger.
The MME sounds the horn when the door is closed while the car is running. I understand the reasoning but when I get out of the car to move something out of the way at 3 A.M. I don’t want to leave the door open and I really don’t want my whole neighborhood knowing I’m home.
Cutting to the chase, is there a way to stop the sounding of the horn in this situation. Wouldn't a chime do the same thing.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...le-honk-with-mach-e-running-in-forscan.11374/

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can turn off the car. Just one button to press....
Or you can leave the key in the car, then the horn won't sound.

Fiollent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
While the MME's intention is clear, a loud horn may not always be the ideal solution. As for stopping the horn in this situation, it might be worth checking the car's settings or contacting the manufacturer or dealership. They might have a way to disable the horn and use a chime or something less intrusive instead. It's always good to explore options that suit your preferences and the peace of your neighborhood. If you're into alternative horn solutions, you might want to take a look at the Ryobi air horn. It could be an interesting addition to your vehicle, offering a unique way to get attention when needed. You can find more details here: https://bosshorn.com/products/ryobi-train-horn-quad
Sponsored