WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
We believe the Interior Protection Package contains the cargo area mat but no one has received their car yet to know.
I think that's a pretty good assumption based on the description when you add the Interior Protection Package to an MME order. If it doesn't end up including the cargo mat, Ford will have some explaining to do.

Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 1610214921784

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What do the bottom of the mats look like?
They actually have little spikes all over the reverse side of the mats to prevent slipping, which I'm happy to see. Weathertech mats are just smooth on the back, which isn't usually a problem on the driver's side with retaining clips, but can be an issue in other locations. In my son's Subaru, the passenger side Weathertech mat would slide all over the place, so we replaced it with a Husky mat that has spikes.

I'm really happy with the material, quality, and coverage of these MME OEM mats. This will be the first car I can remember that I don't have to get aftermarket all-weather mats.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I think that's a pretty good assumption based on the description when you add the Interior Protection Package to an MME order. If it doesn't end up including the cargo mat, Ford will have some explaining to do.

Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 1610214921784
It is listed in the ordering guide as being part of package 17P. See attached. This was back in June but nothing has change to my knowledge.
Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 1.33.45 PM

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
It is listed in the ordering guide as being part of package 17P. See attached. This was back in June but nothing has change to my knowledge.
Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 1.33.45 PM
It's also listed on your window sticker if you have the package, indicating both cargo protector and front/rear floor mats.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It's also listed on your window sticker if you have the package, indicating both cargo protector and front/rear floor mats.
I agree with all of these statements. However, we have seen descriptions of these things change through time. We will know for sure once they start to be delivered.

Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 1610290335289
A member posted this pic a few days ago. Not sure how I feel about that back liner being two pieces. ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A member posted this pic a few days ago. Not sure how I feel about that back liner being two pieces. ?
I think it will be fine. With the spikes on the back, it will stay in place, so the two pieces shouldn’t move apart. There’s also some overlap built into the design. I would guess they were made that way to make them easier to get in and out of the car when cleaning.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I think it will be fine. With the spikes on the back, it will stay in place, so the two pieces shouldn’t move apart. There’s also some overlap built into the design. I would guess they were made that way to make them easier to get in and out of the car when cleaning.
I may end up using some stronger double-sided tape to connect the two rear pieces.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That‘s certainly an option if they don’t stay together. I’ll try them as-is first and see if it’s an issue.
Don't forget they're form fitted to the footwell, so there shouldn't be much movement

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't forget they're form fitted to the footwell, so there shouldn't be much movement
Form fitment alone isn’t always enough to prevent all movement. But that coupled with the spikes should do a pretty good job of holding them tightly in place.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Form fitment alone isn’t always enough to prevent all movement. But that coupled with the spikes should do a pretty good job of holding them tightly in place.
Form-fitting, spikes and the two pieces appear to attach at the top in the overlap. Those should all help tremendously. Then again, the back seat of ours will never be occupied for all practical purposes so how would I even know? :)