Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Sorry to hear you're not as impressed as you hoped. did you get the bounce? (trying to see about the magneride).

Dose the standard GT have the limits like the GTPE?
Taking that drive here in a few minutes. Off to take the premium to CarMax in Rochester NY.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So.. I can definitively answer this question after going for a drive today.
NO. The GT is not that much more fun and the FE (or any AWD ER). I have buyers remorse after my first time trying to have “fun” with this car. The 0-60 time may be great fun when it’s warm out. But at 40°, I have anywhere from 3 to 11 of the dreaded grey bars. I thought people were being whiny, but the power limit is REAL. I went to a long straight unused back road where I first discovered the top speed of 113 in my AWD ER. My AWD ER has no power limitation and easily would reach 113. Even at temps in the 20’s. The GT-PE… I couldn’t get to 110 MPH without running out of road. The seats and suspension of the GT may be nice, but my Premium AWD ER would beat it in a race. Hands down. I Can’t even say the 0-80 race would go to the GT-PE because when it’s cold this is not a 3.5 second 0-60 car. More like 4.5 and then it hits limp mode where the AWD ER just keeps pulling. In traffic and passing situations, the power limit is also just embarrassing.

To everyone I was mentally calling whiners for complaining about the power limitations, I was wrong. I can say that. I’m man enough to admit my mistakes. @Ford Motor Company needs to address this. And while I currently regret buying my GT-PE, I’ll hope something can be done to bring some actual performance beyond the first 4 seconds (5 if it’s warm out maybe???). In the meantime, the upgrade wasn’t that much. And the interior IS a little nicer. And I’m sure when it warms up that this car will be more fun, but for now….. meh.
This brought me much happiness, because part of me wondered if I should have bought a GTPE. Sorry it disappointed though.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@Regularmache and @RickMachE

A little change in tune today.
I preconditioned.
It is still 30° out. But I did get the rollercoaster feel on the first couple hard accelerations on the way to drop soup off at the in-laws before hitting the road. Maybe I was a little too harsh yesterday.

And @RickMachE I totally get the self questioning. It’s my continuous second guessing of myself that helps me do my job correctly. I was still waffleing when this GT – PE pretty much fell into my lap at MSRP and a dealership not too distant. So it pushed me over the edge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@ReelSweet @67 Stang Convertible @Regularmache

So the drive to Rochester today, across the poured concrete sections of I90.
I really didn’t appreciate the bounce. If I paid close attention, I might have felt it very slightly… or I might have been imagining things that I was trying to feel. Hard to tell if it was mental or physical.
But that is a HUGE change. Because I remember driving the same route in my premium last year. Prior to that drive I though the “Bouncy Ride” folks were a bit mental. When I hit that section of the road I immediately thought, “THERE. That’s the bounce they’ve been talking about.”
So the fact that I had to focus and concentrate tells me that the suspension of the GT-PE may be it’s true saving grace. And the seats were super comfy for the 6 hours I spent in the car today, almost all of which were hands free.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just to close out the topic of this thread, I am back to a mere TWO Mach-E’s. Carmax didn’t offer me any more than Carvana. So I accepted the $53,500. I could have tried to wait for more later. I could have dealt with the headache of trying to sell it myself. I could have done a lot of things to try and squeeze another $2K out of it. But I am a busy man. I work too much. I needed the closure and was willing to lose a little money to put this behind me. The guy at CarMax admitted that a couple months ago it was worth a lot more but said the market for cars over $40K was getting pretty tight. He doesn’t set the price but sees the trend. Call me stupid if you want. I still turned a profit on driving a car for a year. (Paid $57K + $4.5K taxes - $7.5K tax refund - $2K state incentive - $2,5K options incentive = $49.5K paid). So in my world, I came out ahead.

AND, Now I can move on to modding my GT-PE. See you over on that thread ?

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s the prize for owning the most Mach-E’s? B62958CA-8A19-41A1-8215-5C93DD521B13

I went with 2 premium std rwd.. a his and hers combo.. for mine I added the 22’s… I am loving not having to pay gas at all now

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
@ReelSweet @67 Stang Convertible @Regularmache

So the drive to Rochester today, across the poured concrete sections of I90.
I really didn’t appreciate the bounce. If I paid close attention, I might have felt it very slightly… or I might have been imagining things that I was trying to feel. Hard to tell if it was mental or physical.
But that is a HUGE change. Because I remember driving the same route in my premium last year. Prior to that drive I though the “Bouncy Ride” folks were a bit mental. When I hit that section of the road I immediately thought, “THERE. That’s the bounce they’ve been talking about.”
So the fact that I had to focus and concentrate tells me that the suspension of the GT-PE may be it’s true saving grace. And the seats were super comfy for the 6 hours I spent in the car today, almost all of which were hands free.
Don't rub it in. First Edition, waited over a year to order and we still aren't Blue cruising! I will say I use cruise and the 'Bubble" all the time in the daily drive on both our Mach E and the F150! Absolutely love the 'help' I get with slow and go traffic. Me combined with 'Blue cruise Lite' I've called it, are twice as safe! Love your color, wanted a Bright color but wife wants to stay subdued. Over the year we've had it, it still gets looks and "What is that?" Alot still. We do enjoy the Mach for sure. Our FE should be worth a lot when and if we trade as it's only got 4,700 miles on it and prices are still high

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Don't rub it in. First Edition, waited over a year to order and we still aren't Blue cruising! I will say I use cruise and the 'Bubble" all the time in the daily drive on both our Mach E and the F150! Absolutely love the 'help' I get with slow and go traffic. Me combined with 'Blue cruise Lite' I've called it, are twice as safe! Love your color, wanted a Bright color but wife wants to stay subdued. Over the year we've had it, it still gets looks and "What is that?" Alot still. We do enjoy the Mach for sure. Our FE should be worth a lot when and if we trade as it's only got 4,700 miles on it and prices are still high
Heh, I needed the metal roof on my GT-PE. That means no BlueCruise ever for my car. I don’t think I will miss it. I wanted the 360 cameras for other reasons though. ??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just to close out the topic of this thread, I am back to a mere TWO Mach-E’s. Carmax didn’t offer me any more than Carvana. So I accepted the $53,500. I could have tried to wait for more later. I could have dealt with the headache of trying to sell it myself. I could have done a lot of things to try and squeeze another $2K out of it. But I am a busy man. I work too much. I needed the closure and was willing to lose a little money to put this behind me. The guy at CarMax admitted that a couple months ago it was worth a lot more but said the market for cars over $40K was getting pretty tight. He doesn’t set the price but sees the trend. Call me stupid if you want. I still turned a profit on driving a car for a year. (Paid $57K + $4.5K taxes - $7.5K tax refund - $2K state incentive - $2,5K options incentive = $49.5K paid). So in my world, I came out ahead.

I can understand this.

I hope to do better than that, and I will try to sell it privately, but I'm going to carefully screen potential drivers. In my neighborhood, there's quite a few EV owners, and several "mine's bigger" mindset people, so I'm going to dangle (pun intended) it in front of them.

I may also waste money on AutoTrader if they split the trims out (they didn't for my Fusion Energi so I got a refund). And, I may propose a deal to my dealer, something like anything over a specific number we split 50/50, if that beats Carvana / CarMax / Vroom.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag

Well things in Florida are just the opposite. The Very few within 250 miles of us have in increased their EV prices, one Mach E with an accident, dealer raised $4995 to $58,750. Been on CarGurus for three days.
Sponsored