Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ok, so we all know I charged at work for the first year I had the Smurfmobile. Now that I am working in the F-150 Lightning plant, I don’t have access to the chargers at work anymore, so I am using my home ESVE to charge. My question is this… I have a charging schedule to take advantage of off peak pricing at home, but I can’t find a way to initiate a charge session outside that window without turning off the charging preferences (including charge limit) for that location. Is there no “Charge Now” button anywhere?
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The only option is to hit the “charge to 100%” button and then hit “resume schedule” when you’ve got the charge you want.
I highly recommend, if you don’t really want to go all the way to 100%, immediately setting a timer on your phone for how long you want to charge. Then when your timer goes off you may remember to tell the car to get back on schedule.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, so we all know I charged at work for the first year I had the Smurfmobile. Now that I am working in the F-150 Lightning plant, I don’t have access to the chargers at work anymore, so I am using my home ESVE to charge. My question is this… I have a charging schedule to take advantage of off peak pricing at home, but I can’t find a way to initiate a charge session outside that window without turning off the charging preferences (including charge limit) for that location. Is there no “Charge Now” button anywhere?
Don’t have mine yet but I read something about charge to 100% - maybe on Ford Pass App.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
“Charge now”, like “precondition now” is something the tech geeks in committee said “nobody needs this right?” Just like the geniuses that designed the medical interior of my helicopter said “why would you ever want to sit your patient up? You don’t need that feature”
🤔😡🤯

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Don’t have mine yet but I read something about charge to 100% - maybe on Ford Pass App.
This…it’s in the app on the charging details page.

I miss the feature of my Bolt where you could bypass the schedule by plugging in, unplugging, and plugging in again in short order.
Sponsored