What Color Red?

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
So, random question: when you refresh the forum enough, one of the banners at the top has the six red cars across the top. The Mach-E is in the center and then there are cars on either side. That red. That isn't Rapid Red is it? It definitely looks like a more maroon red. I like that particular color and am having a hard time deciding if I want to stick with the Star White or switch when the time comes to Rapid Red, but I'd really like that maroon-ish red in the banner.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Rapid red is available on several existing models, go see one at your nearest dealer.

Lukas

Administrator
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstek
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What Color Red? Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 5.25.14 PM

^^^^ Yes that's Rapid Red in the header. It seems like the color takes on very different shades depending on the camera settings and the lighting. Just looking through the Rapid Red photos thread you can see so many different looks for it.

I'm going to guess that the pics posted by @hybrid2bev are the most accurate. The white balance in his photos seems to be true to life and he didn't process the photos in any way.

Here's his pics - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/rapid-red-metallic-mach-e-club.85/post-4109

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What Color Red? Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 5.25.14 PM

^^^^ Yes that's Rapid Red in the header. It seems like the color takes on very different shades depending on the camera settings and the lighting. Just looking through the Rapid Red photos thread you can see so many different looks for it.

I'm going to guess that the pics posted by @hybrid2bev are the most accurate. The white balance in his photos seems to be true to life and he didn't process the photos in any way.

Here's his pics - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/rapid-red-metallic-mach-e-club.85/post-4109
Yeah, as always, I am going to have to see this colors in person before I make the final call. I have Star White ordered but now with the other thread saying it looks more like a really light gray (still sharp), I may finally want to spend the money on the Rapid Red.
Just amazing how the banner and the pre-production model that was in the HQ a few weeks ago is the same color... but I know the differences with photos, but it's just still amazing how different they can look.

Thanks everyone!

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
So, random question: when you refresh the forum enough, one of the banners at the top has the six red cars across the top. The Mach-E is in the center and then there are cars on either side. That red. That isn't Rapid Red is it? It definitely looks like a more maroon red. I like that particular color and am having a hard time deciding if I want to stick with the Star White or switch when the time comes to Rapid Red, but I'd really like that maroon-ish red in the banner.
Thoughts?
That is Rapid Red in that photo. The maroon you are referring to is more of the product of the light design in that shot. Specifically, it's diffused backlighting. Besides having more front end to reflect off of, there is also a key light on the grille of the Mach-E. That's why it's a little brighter than the other vehicles.

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
That is Rapid Red in that photo. The maroon you are referring to is more of the product of the light design in that shot. Specifically, it's diffused backlighting. Besides having more front end to reflect off of, there is also a key light on the grille of the Mach-E. That's why it's a little brighter than the other vehicles.
Nice. Well I had a 94 Crown Vic with a red similar to the tone in the banner and my favorite color is red but many of my cars have happened to be blue. I think it's one of the best colors for cars but since I'm gonna pull the trigger on this sweet ride, it might be time for me to go with Rapid Red.
It isn't Fire Engine Red or a torch red or anything like that (those are a bit too much for me on cars) so I may be switching from Star White to Rapid Red.
It may have similar properties to the Kona Blue on my 2012 GT, that paint is Navy with a twinge of purple in the metallic flake in the right sun light. Truly one of Ford's most beautiful colors IMHO.
I think Rapid Red is a classy looking color and with a memorable name.
Can't wait to see it on a car, any Ford... I need to get to a dealer!

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah, as always, I am going to have to see this colors in person before I make the final call. I have Star White ordered but now with the other thread saying it looks more like a really light gray (still sharp), I may finally want to spend the money on the Rapid Red.
Just amazing how the banner and the pre-production model that was in the HQ a few weeks ago is the same color... but I know the differences with photos, but it's just still amazing how different they can look.

Thanks everyone!
Hi y'all! I just recently decided to switch to Rapid Red from the color I picked at rez, particularly given the GT changes in the configurator removing (for now) the Infinite Blue for the GT . But the main point of my comment is that one should note there is a "Space White" and "Star White" (given stars are in space it can often be misleading). But the "Space White" is the 'light gray' and the "Star White" is a traditional 'stark white'. Make sure you choose wisely. There are a bunch of photo's of both but I see many threads quoting the wrong color (same with silver and gray colors where depending on lighting it is hard to tell what you see in a photo). As someone said, make sure you see the color in person if you can before you lock your order color post-reservation.

SuperOcean

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus
Country flag
Rapid Red is one of those colors that seems to change dramatically depending on lighting. In the header photo it looks almost like the Ruby Red color for the Mustang. I personally wish it looked more like that, the dark maroon color is sporty but a bit less race car looking.

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Rapid Red is one of those colors that seems to change dramatically depending on lighting. In the header photo it looks almost like the Ruby Red color for the Mustang. I personally wish it looked more like that, the dark maroon color is sporty but a bit less race car looking.
Yes, my sentiments exactly! HOWEVER, Rapid Red is just enough subdued for me to be seriously considering the switch from Star White!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But the main point of my comment is that one should note there is a "Space White" and "Star White" (given stars are in space it can often be misleading).
I'm convinced that they had a meeting to pick the colors and couldn't decide among the whites, silvers, and grays - so picked all of them.

OP
OP
Dmcerm

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I'm convinced that they had a meeting to pick the colors and couldn't decide among the whites, silvers, and grays - so picked all of them.
I agree AND I think with that decision, it turns out, of all the bold ideas they had on this project (turning it from compliance to a Mustang, handling, performance, tech, etc.) the colors have turned out to be the place they compromised the most with a very
un-exciting line up! Many are classy, I believe, but not a typical exciting Mustang palette like we have come to expect.
But I'm sure the palette will improve as production refines.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I went to a Ford dealer and greatly disappointed the eager sales guy who ran up to me when I told him I only wanted to look at a rapid red vehicle.

In typical PNW overcast conditions with some rain, Rapid Red isn't that interesting. Race Red, in contrast, really pops no matter the lighting. However, I think both Rapid Red and Star White will sparkle beautifully in direct sunlight with their metallic characteristic.

My Outback is a metallic pearl white and when it's sunny outside, it just looks so amazing. In flat light, or with a bit of dirt on it, the metallic white turns flat and ordinary.
Sponsored